So are they ever coming out?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

I was merely saying that I didn't think FFG were lying; I think they're wrong. They provide the information to us in good faith. I really don't think they will change anything on their scheduling from any complaints. It does look like Q2 will prove to be incorrect this time as they only have two weeks to hit that deadline.

Q1: Jan/Feb/Mar

Q2: Apr/May/June

Q3: July/Aug/Sept

Q4: Oct/Nov/Dec

They still have another month and a half to meet their deadline of Q2...

In addition, FFG updated The Dunland Trap on 4/23 to be "On the Boat" and this "generally takes 4-6 weeks" to reach the warehouse. From there, it takes 7-10 days to ship from the warehouse to retailers. So, if we take the longer end of both scales, we should expect this AP around June 14th - which is still inside Q2.

Er yes, for some reason I was thinking Q2 ended in May - so that means they have a good chance of hitting it with the first AP at least.

Edited by Rapier, 21 May 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#42 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I was merely saying that I didn't think FFG were lying; I think they're wrong. They provide the information to us in good faith. I really don't think they will change anything on their scheduling from any complaints. It does look like Q2 will prove to be incorrect this time as they only have two weeks to hit that deadline.

Q1: Jan/Feb/Mar

Q2: Apr/May/June

Q3: July/Aug/Sept

Q4: Oct/Nov/Dec

They still have another month and a half to meet their deadline of Q2...

In addition, FFG updated The Dunland Trap on 4/23 to be "On the Boat" and this "generally takes 4-6 weeks" to reach the warehouse. From there, it takes 7-10 days to ship from the warehouse to retailers. So, if we take the longer end of both scales, we should expect this AP around June 14th - which is still inside Q2.

Er yes, for some reason I was thinking Q2 ended in May - so that means they have a good chance of hitting it with the first AP at least.

on top of that, FFG has released two APs in the same month before, due to delays in other packs. this happened ever since Hunt for Gollum (which was stopped by customs .... twice!). sometimes things are out of FFG's control!

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=2460

"Getting The Hunt for Gollum past the Teeth of Mordor and into our warehouse proved an epic quest, worthy of any hobbit! We began as cheerful and bright-eyed as the happiest of Shire-folk, eager to deliver the first Adventure Pack and its new cards, but our journey wouldn’t prove easy. Along the way, we suffered our first setback with problems at the printer. Once the cards left the printer, the Dark Lord turned his watchful eye toward us. As he sought our shipment, we were delayed not by one, but two random custom checks! Chances are greater we’d meet Master Underhill heading down the Ephel Dúath than we would ever again face two random custom checks on the same shipment. As agents carefully inspected the cards, we could do little but eat our lembas, keep our heads low in our elvish robes, and wait. At length, everything was found in proper order. Now, we have The Hunt for Gollum in our warehouse and have started shipping it to our distributors!"

• OnkelZorni and Narsil0420 like this

#43 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

Sorry Rapier, but you are lying as well. At least according to English as we know it, the definition of lying is exactly: Not telling the truth.

I coppied the text from the Oxford dictionary. Sometimes it is better not to make up stuff either.

Excuse me, but what definition from the Oxford Dictionary did you find? 

My oxford dictionary says this for the first meaning of lying: An intentionally false statement

The only statement I can find that matches yours is the use of lying as an adjective, on the merriam-webster dictionary website (who I don't really rate, as I find most of their word definitions are too simplistic and actually miss out a lot of meaning).

I have found no instances of lie (noun, verb) which do not refer to intent as well as being factually wrong,and I will go further than that and state categorically that such an instance will not exist. A lie is defined as intentional deception (synonyms: dishonest). This is English as we know it.

Just being wrong (without intent to deceive) is NOT lying.

On the other hand the entirety of the upcoming section of the ffg website is predicated with the word expected: so none of it is actually a hard and fast commitment.

So in actual fact I think FFG can't actually miss them; it's like a plumber giving you an estimate for the cost of work,it's a guideline. It isn't the same as a salesman telling you the cost of an item and then charging you something different. The product will be what they say it is, and within a reasonable time-frame of their estimate.

Edit: Also I think that these forums are for discussion in general, I would be happy to discuss the finer points of lying and truth on them if people wished to do so. I respect the people on this forum and think the conversation could be respectful and interesting - although it isn't game related. 

We could relate it to the game by discussing it in relation to the nebulous table talk rules.

You are probably quite right. Having read your first claim about lying I did went on to browse for the "official" definition in Oxford Dictionary and I did copy and paste what was there. Perhaps I was too quick and I did use the adjective line, or perhaps we have different navigations. But I see, your citation makes sense. But it was not me who went for the philosophy about lying in the first place.

One more linguistic detail, before I am off. I would not mention this to a non-native speakers but someone as sophisticated as you should not be using "it's" as a pronoun, as you almost always seem to be doing, "it's" only abbreviates "it is" or "it has" whilst the pronoun is "its".

#44 VladVoivode

VladVoivode

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

I simply cannot believe all of the infantile whining I've read in this thread. I am as anxious for the next Saga Expansion and the APs for The Voice of Isengard as anyone else. That said, why would FFG "lie", i.e, intentionally make a false statement? As much of a cash cow and precious (sorry) licence as LOTR is, the last thing FFG would do is make intentionally misleading and/or false statements. 

The Lord of the Rings intellectual property is quite jealously guarded as it should be. I am confident that FFG is well aware of this and would do nothing to lose that licence.

I will assume that most if not all of us have most/all of the LOTR: LCG sets. With the immense possibilities of decks yet to be built in the card pool as it is, why not try some deck building and take on some quests with a whole different approach if you are so impatient? If that doesn't strike your fancy, how about doing something else until these new products are released?

Here are a few ideas:

Explore the known universe: http://en.spaceengine.org/

Play MTG for free and with every card: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/  I especially recommend Manalink, Forge and BotArena

Read great books! How long has it been since you have immersed yourself in The Lord of Rings, The Silmarillion, The Lay of the Beleriand?

Volunteer at an animal shelter!

Play a boardgame that isn't a money sink such as Mageknight, Thunderstone: Advance, Tomb and Tomb Cryptmaster, Mice and Mystics, the D&D "big box" games, Pathfinder ACG, Talisman, Arkham Horror, etc.

Star gaze

Pick up a hobby!

Sleep in! :)

Stay up late and watch MST3K!!

Namaarie,

Vlad

• Toqtamish, Narsil0420, DurinIII and 3 others like this

#45 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

This last post brought a smile to my face! I'm playing Dragon Warrior 4 on the original Nintendo to mill the time away!

#46 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

The dunland trap is now at the printers!!!

I posted this on the 8th of April... it is now the 30 of May. This means it has been over 7 weeks and still nothing....cmon ffg.... this is getting ridiculous...

I live in Australia so even once it gets off the boat there's the two weeks to get it out to retailers and then I'll probably have to wait another two weeks (this happened with VOI) so there is no way I'm going to get it before June ends..... possibly even after June at this rate...

Really unimpressed. I've been checking this site almost every day for the last month or so and am just constantly dissapointed.

Why the **** are the cards even sent via boat? I'm really really confused.... We are in the 21st century...... put that **** on a plane and we'd have it in a few days not 6 goddamn weeks....

I'm going to seriously consider getting back into magic and putting this game on hold for a while if releases don't speed up a bit after Dunland Trap. The Road Darkens was also meant to be Q2 was it not? Yeah we aren't gonna get that till like mid Q3 at the earliest. Every single pack in Ring maker has been spoiled except one yet we still don't even have one pack in our hands (don't even have one pack in FFG's hands yet... still on some mysterious boat ride). Everyone is playing with proxies they may not see till close to the end of the year...

I know that there is other stuff to do in the meantime but I don't enjoy deck building (at least not many decks, refining my one set of decks is great fun but without new player cards I can't do that), have played and beaten pretty much every quest (except lake town and the last few nightmare packs which i dont own yet but plan to buy) a handful of times and play on my own as well so its a little bit less fun replaying stuff over and over. Don't get me wrong I still play the game plenty but mainly to improve my high scores and sometimes just to play in general because I love the game and certain quests are fantastic but even so I need new quests and player cards bad....

I guess i'll just have to buy Lake town and the 3 latest nightmare packs for now and continue to be frustrated in our epic wait for new cards.......

Edited by PsychoRocka, 29 May 2014 - 08:25 PM.

• Ana likes this

#47 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Already re-reading LOTR, the new walking dead novel and pet sematary by Stephen King. I also have house of the dead overkill which my girlfriend really likes to play with me. I have plenty of other things to do (not to mention work 5 bloody days a week) but they definitely don't satiate my LOTR LCG cravings.... the game is just too good. Mechanics, art, theme, replayability and different variants (solo, 2/3/4 player, two handed) are all perfect. I need more new quests and player cards and getting them months after we were told we would get them is super disappointing regardless of reason or who/what is to blame.

• ZanzibarLand likes this

#48 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

I agree with everything there Psychorocka. I know that we can't really blame FFG for this but this is getting pretty ridiculous. And no previews or articles in almost a month! Really, if we don't get the Dunland Trap before I finish the Dark Tower series, I'm gonna... complain in this forum.

• Ana and PsychoRocka like this

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#49 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

You know, it's actually strange. I think preview of last pack in the series should be before the release of first one.

#50 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

Just picked up Mario kart 8.
Man is it cool, playing with my son!
I'll manage for a while now :)
  • joezim007 likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#51 VladVoivode

VladVoivode

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

I am guessing that the transportation by ship is an economical decision by FFG. WotC/Hasbro has a lot more dosh and shipping by air is not a problem for them. I doubt that FFG has that kind of capital. Remember too that shipping by air is based upon weight and is quite expensive whereas shipping over sea is measured in volume and the cost difference is significant!

When I moved to Europe I had considered moving everything by air. I am a professional musician and magician and I would have loved having my instruments and books with me on the day I landed here. But the cost to ship it all was in the five figure range by air! By sea, the whole thing cost just over 3,000 USD door to door and that included packing and insurance. The downside was that I had ti wait five weeks for my stuff to arrive.

LOTR has become a huge game. The number of blogs and other resources for the game seem to only be rivaled by MTG. Perhaps FFG hadn't anticipated the potential of the game that has become "pasteboard crack." ;)

But, I have rediscovered other games in addition to replaying LOTR with new decks. If The Road Darkens and the first APs for VOI don't come out by mid-June, then I am going to pick up a couple of expansions for Thunderstone: Advance - which I might add is a brilliant game and not at all expensive. :)

Just think though my lady/fellow adventurers, in a couple of months' time, we'll be debating what cards are now really "have to build a deck around these!" necessities. :)

Namaarie,

Vlad

Edited by VladVoivode, 30 May 2014 - 05:16 AM.

• SilvanBouncer likes this

#52 Morithain

Morithain

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

While everyone is waiting they can pass the time reading the latest George RR Martin novel.  I hear they're nearly endless and essentially nothing happens.

• Ana and sparrowpisuke like this

#53 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

I cant wait moreeeee, pleaaaaase, pleaaaaase...Dunland Trap.... aaaagh! I'm booooored.... buuuuuuh...

PD: how many time more? aaaagh

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#54 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

While everyone is waiting they can pass the time reading the latest George RR Martin novel.  I hear they're nearly endless and essentially nothing happens.

Well, I am getting desperate, but not that desperate.

• joezim007 likes this

#55 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

Everyone should try a Mumak Hunt while they're waiting!

• Catastrophic09 and ZanzibarLand like this

#56 sparrowpisuke

sparrowpisuke

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Well... waiting for Dunland Trap, I started to read The Silmarillion (I finished it), then The Hobbit (I finished it), now I'am reading The Two Towers... and I had thought that at the end of The Lord of the rings, I would start with the George RR Martin novels.

Hope they release Dunland Trap before I finished the Song of Ice and Fire series...  :blink:

No x,y,z,n  integers , x,y,z>0 , n>2 | x^n+y^n = z^n

Proof: My margin is very small too...

#57 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

I live in Australia so even once it gets off the boat there's the two weeks to get it out to retailers and then I'll probably have to wait another two weeks (this happened with VOI) so there is no way I'm going to get it before June ends..... possibly even after June at this rate...

Yeah, I know that feeling. I'm only new to the game so I haven't been sent fully insane by it yet. Why do we get it so late? I'm sure there's enough customers here and money is money.

#58 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

Tropico 5 , Eldritch Horror, The Republic of Thieves...

AND TONS OF WORK!!!!!!! :(

#59 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

It is entirely selfish on my part, but I'm Ok with the delay. Been such a manic few months I can barely get a game in anyway! Think I still have a deck sitting somewhere that's halfway through construction.

#60 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Washing all of my card sleeves by hand, working on a new blend of garden compost, catering, completing my toothpick model of a Hadron collider, revising my biography on Jacob J. Lew.

I'd say my plate is pretty full, so I don't mind the wait.

• Gizlivadi likes this

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS