7 replies to this topic

#1 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

Sup.

Im new in this game and some questions come to my head.Thamks

1.- when does deadly aplies??? before or after the challenge claim??? if my oponent defends the challenge with 2 characters and i have 2 deadlys he must kill 1 character for deadly before the military claim and then kill another for the claim???

2.-if i won initiative in a melee game.... who plays next??? The player on my left or right????

3.-when u play a card with ambush, the card must return to the hand at the end of the phase????

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:53 AM

1) Deadly applies as a passive, which happens after everything in the framework action window (see the FAQ timing charts). In otherwords you rdetermine the winner, resolve claim, award power for Unopposed challenges, and for renown before your move on to deadly. 

However, if he blocks with two characters and one dies for claim, the other will die to deadly. Deadly is more powerful on non-military challenges, typically, because they can't just choose their one 'chump' blocker to die to claim and make deadly irrelevant.

2) If you won initiative, you determine who the first player is (this doesn't have to be you). Play then proceeds clockwise around the table (player to the left) of whomever the first player is.

3) Nope. Ambush is just an alternate means of putting a character into play, it has no lasting effect on the character itself.

#3 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Thanks......

#4 Toadius

Toadius

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Another noob here.  I noticed that certain cards (Stannis Baratheon) mention Lord and others (Joffrey Baratheon) mention Lord or Lady.  Is it safe to assume, then, that the Lady trait cannot satisfy the Lord requirement for Stannis?

#5 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

Toadius - that is correct. Lord and Lady are entirely different and distinct traits.

#6 ClapHands

ClapHands

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

1. Is there a limit to how many cards you can have in play? Characters/Locations/Attachments?

2. Challenge Phase:Can a defender choose not to kneel any cards in defense even if available?             

#7 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

No limit to the number of cards in play

The defending player does not have to declare defenders - unless some other effect makes them do that ... in a melee game it is often beneficial not to declare defenders (so other players can support)

• ClapHands likes this

#8 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

Note, though, that if the defending player does not declare defending characters, he will still have to suffer claim. In addition, the attacking player will gaine one power for winning an unopposed challenge.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS