Dance of the Chosen Cult Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Esto

Esto

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Are you allowed to draw 2 spells & then throw them both away if you don't like them in order to avoid having to draw a Corruption card? I think this card can be interpreted 2 ways.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Agreed, it's ambiguous. I'd play this as you may:

a) draw 2 spells and choose one to keep but gain a Corruption or

b) move to the streets

Wording is unclear, but generally speaking in Arkham it's rare being given a chance to "look" at something and then decide if you want to keep it and have a detriment or discard it with no pain.

My 2 cents, tho

Edited by Julia, 17 May 2014 - 11:29 AM.

• The Professor and Lee418 like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Esto

Esto

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Agreed, it's ambiguous. I'd play this as you may:

a) draw 2 spells and choose one to keep but gain a Corruption or

b) move to the streets

Wording is unclear, but generally speaking in Arkham it's rare being given a chance to "look" at something and then decide if you want to keep it and have a detriment or discard it with no pain.

My 2 cents, tho

I do like your interpretation & will play it this way.

#4 Lee418

Lee418

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

I agree with Julia. You can either take a spell and a corruption card. Or you move to the street. But these options are mutually exclusive. It's one choice or the other. Despite the ambiguous wording you cannot look at the two spell cards, decide not to take either and then move to the street. No, if you choose to draw two spells you must keep one and take a corruption card. Or you can choose not to draw the spells and simply leave the area. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS