broken ship

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Green Rabid Monkey

Green Rabid Monkey

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

I finally picked up the Transport tonight and could not wait to get home and open it up.....to my great disappointment the engines of the Transport underneath are broken off.

What steps should I now do, I have never had a problem with FFG product before :\

Rebel: 4 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 1 E Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 Moldy Crow, 3 YT-1300's
Imperial
: 2 Tie Interceptors (Imperial Aces)
Capital Ships: 1 Rebel Transport

#2 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Fix it yourself or contact FFG customer service and ask for a replacement.

• Cubanboy likes this

#3 Green Rabid Monkey

Green Rabid Monkey

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

well 1 out of 23 ships with broken parts isnt bad, just frustrating to spend 60 on it and be broken ya know?

Rebel: 4 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 1 E Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 Moldy Crow, 3 YT-1300's
Imperial

#4 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

well 1 out of 23 ships with broken parts isnt bad, just frustrating to spend 60 on it and be broken ya know?

Are they snapped off, or can they be stuck back in place?

#5 Green Rabid Monkey

Green Rabid Monkey

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

look snapped, at least 2 of the three are

Imperial

#6 Syleh Forge

Syleh Forge

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

Mine had the pegs attachment points broken...i just ended up gluing it, but FFG has very good customer service and i'm sure if you contact them they will work something out with you.

8 X-wings, 7 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 2 YT-1300, 4 B-wings,  2HWK-290, 3 E-wings, 3 Z-95's, 1 Transport, 1 CR-90

14 Tie Fighters, 13 Interceptors, 3 Advanced, 4 Firesprays, 4 Bombers, 3 Defenders, 3 Phantoms, 1 Lambda

#7 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

I had the wing of my TIE Advanced broken off. I used Insta-cure glue from my local game store. Worked like a charm in minutes, turns completely clear. You can't even tell it was ever broken, and that's from me knowing what wing to look at. Same thing with the peg holder on the bottom of one of my TIEs. Stuff works like magic, and I'm sure any local games or hobby shop owner can point you to their similar products. Plus it's just good to have if and when another ship breaks. Sorry to hear your brand new toy was broken when you got it though, that sucks. Anyway, hope that helps.

Edit: rather i should say it established a hold in a few seconds, but obviously i gave it ample time to set and dry completely before using it or re-storing it.

Edited by That One Guy, 16 May 2014 - 12:05 AM.

#8 Green Rabid Monkey

Green Rabid Monkey

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

In no ways do i want this to be coming off as angry at FFG...its just disappointing ya know?

I know FFG is amazing with customers and was just curious if people had tips or tricks, who to contact etc

• Syleh Forge likes this
Imperial

#9 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

In no ways do i want this to be coming off as angry at FFG...its just disappointing ya know?

I know FFG is amazing with customers and was just curious if people had tips or tricks, who to contact etc

I would call/contact FFG and ask them if they will replace it. Also try the place you bought it from.
I have ships.

#10 Osoroshii

Osoroshii

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Fantasy Flights replacement policies are the best in the industry. You Sir have won the lottery with a in package broken ship! you may not have noticed this when you bought the $60 Transport but you got two for one. Contact FFG and they will replace the broken ship with a new one. Most breaks can easily be fix with a little glue and you'll have the shiny new one.

#11 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

look snapped, at least 2 of the three are

Are you sure they are snapped?

In another thread a good number of people reported they fell out (nothing physically broken) and could be snapped back into place (or glued back into place).

Should be pretty easy to tell, the engines are a darker plastic and have a rectangular peg while the model has a lighter grey slot...

My engine was detached and I just put a little super glue on peg and put it back in, good as new.  Many reported they just snapped back in place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS