• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Invictus5000

Invictus5000

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hey all--

Played through my first game of Eldritch a few nights ago and, well, the Earth was devoured beyond my best efforts. But it was still fun!

Anyway, just wondering if I'm missing something--but both Star Spawn and Dark Young showed up in my game, and I couldn't help but notice that they appear to have the exact same stats. Is that right?

Is it a misprint? Or maybe there are other cards or mechanics that differentiate between the two monsters? I'm sure I'm missing something, since I've only played through once...

• Julia likes this

#2 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

Yes, they are almost the same. There are a couple of other components that affect them in different ways, but I wouldn't want to spoil the specifics for you.

• Invictus5000 likes this

#3 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

Dark Young are set aside in Shub Niggurath games, and will occasionally show up in them specifically.

#4 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:28 AM

Hi, Invictus, nice seeing you've also joined the Eldritch madness :) Welcome.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Invictus5000

Invictus5000

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

...ah, that's what I figured. Thanks Pseudonym and Wolfgar for being gentle with the spoilers.

...and hey Julia! Yeah, after years of putting off getting a copy of Arkham Horror, I decided to jump on a deal to get Eldritch (since the consensus seems to be it has incorporated many improvements). Initial impressions are good.

Rightly or wrongly, it reminds me a bit of a meatier (and much higher production value) version of Darkest Night, which is a game I like well enough--though I wonder how much of its structure is a tribute to Arkham Horror.

Anyway, I'm likely to be a bit more active on the forums here--so hopefully I'll see you around!

• Julia likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS