My thoughts on Imdaar Alpha

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

I've been thinking of what lists I'll take if I make the top 2 at an Imdaar Alpha event (I'm planning on going to 2, 1 in Sydney and 1 in Newcastle). And I've been thinking about lists.

I've had a much easier time thinking of a Rebel list than an Imperial list.

At base bargain points, the Empire is committed to spending a minimum of 56 points on 2 ships. This is very limiting as to what they can take. Also knowing that, the Rebels can build a list to take it down.

I'm planning

HSF (Han, Marksmanship)

Blont

Etahn

As I think the reliable damage coming in from Han will just chew through both the defender and the Phantom quickly (not to mention that the Falcon's turret will prevent much of the Phantoms shenanigans.

But thinking of a list, that includes both a Phantom and a Defender, and then can deal with the range of options that the Rebels can throw..... I'm stumped.

.............._____________________
|------------/_____________________\ #RIPHughsey #408 #63notoutforever
|------------\_____________________/ #putoutyourbats #staystrongseanabbott

#2 DR4CO

DR4CO

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

I think the best Imperial bet might be the simplest: pick a Defender, pick a Phantom, add an upgrade to one of them, then fill it up with Academies. Something like this:

34 Whisper w/ Stygium Accelerator
30 Delta Squadron Pilot
36 Academy Pilot x3

Boring, but practical. Against your list, I'd start by throw everything at Han, with the goal of killing him during round two, and unless I get the worst luck in recorded history the inevitable trade should go in my favour.

You might actually be better off downgrading Blount to a standard Z-95. Your spending 5 points on his ability solely to take out Stealth Devices, as there's no way for your squad to exploit it naturally. If no Stealth Devices show up (and the mere threat of Blount might be enough to keep them away), his ability is a complete waste of 5 points.

Edited by DR4CO, 15 May 2014 - 07:58 PM.

The Fleet

6 X-wings - 3 Y-wings - 6 A-wings - 4 B-wings - 3 E-wings - 4 Z-95s - 1 HWK-290 - 2 YT-1300s - 1 YT-2400 - 1 Transport - 1 CR-90

5 TIE Fighters - 6 TIE Interceptors -  2 TIE Advanceds - 3 TIE Bombers - 2 TIE Defenders - 2 TIE Phantoms - 2 Firespray - 2 Shuttles - 2 VT-49s

#3 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

The Imp list I came up with is:

Delta Squad Pilot

Sigma Squad Pilot + Advanced Cloaking Device + Advanced Sensors

Alpha Squad Pilot

Howlrunner + Swarm Tactics

4 ships to help deal with expected Falcon builds, Howlrunner making the Phantom a PS8 (when it can stick close) so it gets good use out of the ACD.  Naked Delta SP and Alpha SP for some heavy hitters making good use of Howlrunner.

#4 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

I can't help but feel that at the last table, Rebels will have a certain advantage. See, one new Rebel ship can be expensive, but the other one can be dirt cheap. If they wanted, they could carry just a Tala or Bandit and make liberal use of the new upgrades and whatnot, but take some other cheaper ships they're much more familiar with. The Imperial on the other hand… even if you take some more basic naked new ships, both can be extremely pricey. Not like it breaks the competition or anything, but it is something i was thinking about.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS