Basic Game Question from a Long Time Player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

So my gaming group couldn't agree on the "Action Window" timing when it comes to playing player cards.

Example: If I play Steward of Gondor on my first turn, do I have to wait until the Planning phase is over to exhaust it and then collect the two additional resources (thereby meaning I can't use those two resources during my first planning phase), or can I exhaust it immediately during my first planning phase and use the resources?

I have always played it as the planning phase ends, then I get a player action window (i.e. to exhaust Steward and gain the resources). So which is it it technically?

More generally, can actions only be taken in strict sequence when the rulebook shows a green action window slot? I have always played it this way, but some of my buds think you can play actions anytime you want regardless of timing. Which is it? I have always been a little confused on this one.

Thanks!

#2 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

The rule book states the following for green boxes (which is the color used for ".. player plays ally and attachment cards"):

"Any player can take actions generally..."

So you should be able to pay for Steward of Gondor, exhaust it to get two clues, and then use those clues to pay for more allies/attachments.

#3 tacomen253

tacomen253

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

I made a thread on this exact question not too long ago, here is the link to it.

#4 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Thanks tacomen. I have played games both ways before. Now to quest onward with full knowledge!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS