*Nazi*
  • TallTonyB likes this

#22 Sekac

Sekac

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:08 AM

*Nazi*

I'm just surprised that almost 2 hours went by before that correction was posted ;)

#23 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

Maybe they were letting me respond. Man's gotta sleep sometime.

#24 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

*Nazi*

I'm just surprised that almost 2 hours went by before that correction was posted ;)

I can't be on this forum all the time. I do spend the odd hour sleeping, when I'm not busy driving to Orange County and back to get my Marvel Dice Masters fix in.

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#25 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

What would happen if you flew, say:

Chewie

+ Han

Dutch

+ Ion

+ R7-T1

Tarn

+ R7

#26 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

I would say - Ironic, but could be cool! Chewie is supposed to be the trusty copilot, not Han. But that could work. I don't know if R7T1 is worth the points. Boosting with a y wing seems ironic (again), but crazy enough it just might work! Is this at 100? Draw their fire is great on Chewie, especially with everybody and their Moms will be gunning for Dutch. Figuring out how to add that might be useful. R7T1 could improve his survivability a little which would be most excellent. If you could force them to target Tarn and pull crits to Chewie - so excellent.
  • WonderWAAAGH likes this

#27 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Chewie
+ Han

Dutch
+ Ion
+ R7-T1

Tarn
+ R7

Still a very solid list, and I'm always looking for ways to make use of R7-T1. Instead of Dutch and Lando getting TL + focus every turn, Chewie gets TL + focus and Dutch gets TL + boost. So, good action economy on both accounts, as long as you fulfill the criteria. There are a couple small trades, of course, but Chewie's ability might be too hard to pass up.

Now that I think about it, downgrading Lando to Chewie + Han + MF title would make for a nice defensively oriented list. Chewie gets an evade, and can use the TL as a focus if need be. A 99 point initiative bid in the highly competitive PS6 slot is just icing on the cake, or you could opt for DTF like Gordy pointed out.

42 Chewbacca
2 Han Solo
1 Millenium Falcon

23 Dutch
5 Ion Cannon Turret
1 R2

23 Tarn
2 R7

99/100

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 17 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#28 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Chewie

+ Han

Dutch

+ Ion

+ R7-T1

Tarn

+ R7

The first two will be the bulk of my post wave 4 list. I will probably throw DTF on Chewie and sub Tarn for two Bandits. Gonna play the snot out of Dutch + R7-T1 + Ion.

Edited by Skargoth, 17 May 2014 - 12:05 PM.

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#29 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

I just feel as though Chewie will always be targeted last over Dutch and even possibly tarn. is the falcon evade won't be used all game. DTF spreads HP reduction out more evenly, keeping your three ship / lower firepower build up on hit dice longer. My two cents.

#30 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Dutch is definitely a tempting first target, but a little creative flying goes a long way. I would try playing a little rope-a-dope with Chewie, and skirt the edges of the engagement with Dutch, taking potshots with his turret. Ideally (ideally though, ideally on an ideal situation), Dutch should be behind the enemy or otherwise out of arc, but in this case dividing your opponent's fire wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 17 May 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#31 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

I would say you'd want the mf title if you're running Han as a crew. Take the evade each time and let him focus for you. Of course Dutch passing the tl. I like it. And dtf on chewy is just mean.

#32 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

Right, and DTF on Chewie hardly makes for a radically different play style than Dutch + Lando, insofar as keeping them within range 1 of each other.

That being said, Gordy is right. If you see Chewie with an evade token sitting next to Dutch, which one are you going to focus down first? The one with 13 HP, an evade token, and can't be crit, or the one with 8 HP and no defensive abilities (aside from DTF), giving out TLs like candy?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 17 May 2014 - 01:08 PM.

• swimmingordy likes this

#33 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

If you want to get super tank on Chewie, lose the droids and get C3-PO for 2 evades per turn on Chewie guaranteed.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#34 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Although super tanky, you'll soon find Chewie flying alone at the end of the game with everyone gunning like mad for Dutch at that point. You could sub Biggs in there and marry him next to Dutch if you wanted, but we've all seen Biggs fielded one too many times by now I think. Could work as well as the rest though for sure.

#35 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

Right, and DTF on Chewie hardly makes for a radically different play style than Dutch + Lando, insofar as keeping them within range 1 of each other.

That being said, Gordy is right. If you see Chewie with an evade token sitting next to Dutch, which one are you going to focus down first? The one with 13 HP, an evade token, and can't be crit, or the one with 8 HP and no defensive abilities (aside from DTF), giving out TLs like candy?

Which is why you make Dutch a slippery bugger by boosting him out of there. :P.

• magadizer likes this

#36 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'd like to let you know that you've inspired a new Escalation Fleet for me. Check it out in the Escalation Compendium thread!

#37 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

I used the following list tonight, and it worked out fairly well:

44 Lando Calrissian

25 Hobbie Klivian

2 R3-A2

23 Dutch Vander

5 Ion Cannot Turret

1 R2 Astromech

I could stand to fly it a bit better, but it has a few aspects that I really like. One, the descending PS 7-6-5 resonates with my desire to have things organized a certain way. Two, the ability to ion-stress enemy ships almost at will is very handy. I'll probably play this several more times, at least until I get my hands on the new droids.

#38 cubby09

cubby09

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

I ve always found the R5 astro to be much more useful on the Ywing than R2 especially for dutch. dont want to lose his pilot ability to a chance crit.

Edited by cubby09, 23 May 2014 - 05:16 AM.

"I can hold it.....no, I'm alrigh......agghhh!" 

-The Death of Porkins

Imperial 1 Tie advanced, 1interceptor, 1 bomber, 1 firespray, 2 Lambda, 7 ties, 2 aces

Rebel 4 x-wings, 2 y-wings, 3 b-wing, 1 HWK, 2 Falcons, 3 A-wing, GR-75

#39 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

I ve always found the R5 astro to be much more useful on the Ywing than R2 especially for dutch. dont want to lose his pilot ability to a chance crit.

There are a handful of perfectly viable astromechs, certainly. My issue is that at 28 points with an Ion Cannon Turret, you're already paying a premium for what is, essentially, a support ship. Heck, sometimes I can't even squeeze in that one point for an R2 or R5. I don't think I've ever been unlucky enough to see Dutch get hit by Damaged Sensor Array, but he does frequently get stressed, which can impact his pilot ability just as badly. I'll take R2 and risk the crit any day.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS