New Tantive IV Crew Cards...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#81 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

How is "until the end of the phase" not a duration window for the color change?

It may be... But if it is, what's the duration for Leia's ability itself?

There are two separate things going on here. Leia's ability that changes the color of all maneuvers while it is in effect, and the change, which stays in effect for some period of time. If effect, Triggering Leia's gives each ship the equivalent of Adrenaline Rush. But how long does that stay in effect?

I get what you're saying, but I think the card does explicitly lay out the duration of the effect. It's a stretch to think someone would be confused about the limitations of this one-use card. 

...discard this card to allow all friendly ships that reveal a red maneuver to treat that maneuver as a white maneuver until the end of the phase."

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#82 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

sorry, cant get hold of him now so no photo, but from memory, it was 1 bank for 3 energy, 2 forward for 3 energy, 2 bank for 2 energy, 3 forward for 2 energy and 4 forward for 1 energy.

I like it. Makes sense to cut the 1 forward. It moves at the same minimum speed as an X-wing then. That said, 3 energy a turn at most is gonna be rough with that many guns. Definitley adding the 1 energy to each forward card. Gonna be a blast to play with.

#83 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

Tantive Title + Sensor team + Gunnery Team + Han Solo + Weapons Engineer
One of thus range 5 shots will do some serious damage.

#84 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Leia is interesting.  4 points for a one-shot ability (that does no damage) is very steep by X-wing standards, so the potential unlimited range actually kinda works, I think.  Considering:

- Adrenaline Rush is single use for one ship, for 1 point

- You probably can't get more than 6 ships in a build with Leia

- It only works for one turn, which means to get the most out of it you're going to have to coordinate red maneuvers for most of your squadron

So just to be even cost for Adrenaline Rush, you need to K-turn 4 ships in one turn.  That's going to be hard, range restriction or not.

The advantage she'll give is that it's Adrenaline Rush for ships that can't normally take EPTs.  I think the more likely scenario is you'll get it to help with 2 red maneuvers in a turn, and that's it.  At 2 points per Adrenaline Rush, I think she's not unreasonably costed.

Edit: On the flip side of the "Is it fake", the text is amazingly sloppy.  Even ignoring the typos, there's a collision on "until the end of the phase".  That text appears on Adrenaline Rush, which is fine and it needs to.  But it also needs to be on Leia's ability.  The way it reads, her ability has no time window to it.  Or the color change has no time window to it.

It's just ugly text that is going to scream confusion.  Not saying it's not possible, but there are so many problems with the card that it seems unlikely even by FFG's standards.

So while the ability seems reasonable, I'm voting fake.

It clearly says "At the start of the activation phase" and "until the end of the phase."

I don't see what the problem is...

image.jpg

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#85 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

eh, there we are.  these were already spoiled on voidstate though right?  don't think the title below has been seen yet though.  there must be a few people with the CR90 already because he says it certainly wasn't him who posted the Han and Leia cards. 
 hj41a.jpg

Thanks. I figure these would be the hardest to fake. Looks like some impressive cards this time around. Love the engineering team and gunnery team. So we get 3 titles, Only 3 teams? and 6 crew. Any new energy upgrades or anything like that? I'd assume there has to be.
So, can Han and Leia be confirmed with a scan? These seem legit.

#86 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

eh, there we are.  these were already spoiled on voidstate though right?  don't think the title below has been seen yet though.  there must be a few people with the CR90 already because he says it certainly wasn't him who posted the Han and Leia cards. 
 hj41a.jpg

Thanks. I figure these would be the hardest to fake. Looks like some impressive cards this time around. Love the engineering team and gunnery team. So we get 3 titles, Only 3 teams? and 6 crew. Any new energy upgrades or anything like that? I'd assume there has to be.
What do you mean with a scan? I guess i figure if somebody has leaked these cards they'd tell us if the others were fake, and I doubt the crew symbol as a card is easy to find as none have been revealed before this. So frankly I'd call Han and Leia Legit. Yes. Unless all of these are fake. But Voidstate has thrown these up, and I trust that relatively well.

#87 Osoroshii

Osoroshii

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Sensor Team, is that card legal for standard play............that could give purpose to that other wise first move of the game.

#88 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

Sensor Team, is that card legal for standard play............that could give purpose to that other wise first move of the game.

Look at the card type :)

#89 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

It isn't illegal. But there are no ships to legally put it on in Standard Play.

#90 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Now, all we need is the damaged side of the Corvette's card. Really interested in the changes when you blow up one side of the Corvette.

Han is okay. The flexibility is nice, certainly. But, wouldn't you rather have Target Lock AND Focus. Leia is okay. Seems strong yes, but I don't see her becoming a staple of 100pt battles. First, you need to be using a ship with a Crew slot. Sure, the Falcon will likely have a spare crew, but the HWK will generally be needing the crew for something else. She can't go on Kyle. Jan really needs Nien Nunb. Perhaps Roark. But again, I can see other crew being better for the points. Same goes for the B-wing, especially depending on what it costs to add the Crew. And then to actually use it. With the available ships that can use her, you are looking at 2-4 ships. Honestly, you need 4 ships, all planning on doing a red maneuver at the same time. The only real advantage is that all the ships don't need to equip Adrenaline Rush. It will be used much more in Epic, I'm sure. But I don't see her seeing play in normal 100pt play.

#91 ObiWonka

ObiWonka

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Han is okay. The flexibility is nice, certainly. But, wouldn't you rather have Target Lock AND Focus.

Of course you would. But you can't take both TL and F in the same turn without other support. You can, however, simply TL every turn while you have Han aboard.

Rebel: 2x A-Wing, 2x B-Wing, 1x E-Wing, 2x HWK-290, 4x X-Wing, 2x Y-Wing, 1x YT-1300, 1x Z-95 Headhunter

Imperial: 1x Firespray-31, 1x Lambda Shuttle, 1x TIE Defender, 6x TIE Fighter, 1x TIE Advanced, 2x TIE Bomber, 6x TIE Interceptor, 1x TIE Phantom

BEARFACE

#92 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

These are so cool! I can't wait for the…Imperial…only…ones?
  • Digitalkiller and JJFDVORAK like this
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#93 Sorlo

Sorlo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

So theoretically can you put the targeting coordinator on a non-huge ship? I realize that there is no point to it but would it be a legal waste of 4 points?

#94 AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Now, all we need is the damaged side of the Corvette's card. Really interested in the changes when you blow up one side of the Corvette.

If you look in the pic of all the contents, it looks like the crippled side is shown for the fore section. It appears to have no actions and only one upgrade slot left.

SWX22-Layout.png

Ill let you do the zooming. I suspect we will get another spoiler article tomorrow anyway, maybe we will see the crippled sides a little closer then.

"Information always matters. Bad information leads to bad tactics. Incomplete information leads to flawed strategy. Both can lead to defeat."

#95 Dr Lucky

Dr Lucky

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

So theoretically can you put the targeting coordinator on a non-huge ship? I realize that there is no point to it but would it be a legal waste of 4 points?

You could.  It isn't really remarkable - this isn't a game that prevents you from buying upgrades that don't do anything for the ship they are placed on.  You could put an Engine Booster on an A-Wing and waste the 4 points just as quickly.  The Rebels don't have any ships that benefit from Targeting Computer, yet any of their small or large ships can equip it for a waste of points (same with Stygium Particle Accelerator).  The game won't protect you from bad decisions.

#96 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

I'm more interested in the fact that the Targeting Coordinator not restricting itself to huge ships may (possibly) mean non epic ships with energy.

• Engine25 likes this

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 3 A-Wing, 3 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#97 ObiWonka

ObiWonka

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

I'm more interested in the fact that the Targeting Coordinator not restricting itself to huge ships may (possibly) mean non epic ships with energy.

No. Quit trying to make me buy more stuff.

• Digitalkiller and Aminar like this

Rebel: 2x A-Wing, 2x B-Wing, 1x E-Wing, 2x HWK-290, 4x X-Wing, 2x Y-Wing, 1x YT-1300, 1x Z-95 Headhunter

Imperial: 1x Firespray-31, 1x Lambda Shuttle, 1x TIE Defender, 6x TIE Fighter, 1x TIE Advanced, 2x TIE Bomber, 6x TIE Interceptor, 1x TIE Phantom

BEARFACE

#98 Dr Lucky

Dr Lucky

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

My current question is whether the Corvette can have two copies of a "Limited" card if one is assigned to the fore ship card and the other to the aft ship card.

The Huge Ship Rules say "A ship cannot equip multiple copies of the same card if that card is labeled as "Limited."

My assumption based on reading is that it cannot, but then the Tantive IV title's ability to grant the Corvette a third Team slot in the fore is kind of silly.  The Gunnery Team and Engineering Team are both Limited and the Sensor Team doesn't give extra benefit for having multiple copies.  Unless there are other Team cards that we don't know about, why would anyone pay to get a fourth Team slot?

I get that they could be planning for future Teams being released or the fact that someone my really want to put all three Teams in the fore for some reason, but that still doesn't seem like enough explanation for the title to really make sense as written (unless you can actually have a Gunnery Team in the fore and another Gunnery Team in the aft).

Edited by Dr Lucky, 15 May 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#99 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

I'm thinking the Tantive IV title is there to keep you from losing upgrades when the fore is crippled.

#100 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

hj41a.jpg

What do you mean with a scan? I guess i figure if somebody has leaked these cards they'd tell us if the others were fake, and I doubt the crew symbol as a card is easy to find as none have been revealed before this. So frankly I'd call Han and Leia Legit. Yes. Unless all of these are fake. But Voidstate has thrown these up, and I trust that relatively well.
I just have trouble believing FFG would misspell maneuver on a production card...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS