New Tantive IV Crew Cards...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#41 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

A single round of all ships get Adrenaline Rush for 4 points.  Super OP.  OMG.  Whatever will people do?

Rebels get a couple of cards and it's the end of the frickin' world.

• VanorDM, Sithborg, LeoHowler and 1 other like this

#42 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

This just made my Chewie + Dutch combo even better.
  • berusplants, Engine25 and ObiWonka like this

#43 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

It seems that for Leia's card they forgot how to spell maneuver a couple of times.

I was curious how long it would take for someone to point that out.  These are both fakes.  I'm expecting more interesting abilities for both of these crew cards.

It's also possible they actually spelled it wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough either way!

I wouldn't bet the house on it.  FFG seems to vet their products too well to allow such a horrible error.  Also, the abilities don't sound FFGish (I just made up a word...).

#44 madquest8

madquest8

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

No way would they make Princess Leia a discard... she's a keeper! LOL

• Smuggler, Damoel, Stone37 and 5 others like this

Rebel:  5 X-Wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 YT1300's, 2 HWK-290's, 2 Transports, 2 Corvette's

3 E-Wings (1 painted Trophy Gold), 4 Z-95's

Imperial:  5 TIE's, 7 TIE/In (inc 4 Aces), 1 TIE Adv, 1 Shuttle, 1 Firespray, 5 TIE Bombers, 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders

#45 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

The discard aspect is similar to Leia in the card game.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#46 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

I hope to see another Leia card in the future.  Something like:

Metal Bikini Leia:

All enemy ships within Range 1-2 must fly toward her next round.

:D

• evanger, berusplants and AdmiralThrawn like this

#47 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

I'd like to see someone with some photoshop skills chime in on the alleged fakes. If the cards were printed out that way, somebody did a really good job imitating the font and format.

Alea iacta est.

#48 BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

The no range on Leia is noteworthy. Likely means fake.
  • Stone37 likes this

X-Wing

Spoiler

ANr:

Spoiler

#49 cody campbell

cody campbell

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'd like to see someone with some photoshop skills chime in on the alleged fakes. If the cards were printed out that way, somebody did a really good job imitating the font and format.

There is a program called Strange Eons that can generate custom cards with almost perfect consistency.  I've made a few.  

• Damoel and Hinnyboy like this

#50 Klutz

Klutz

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Supposing Han Solo Crew is real... Here's some math for ya!

One thing to note when you have Han Solo as a crew member : the decision to use your TL as a TL or a Focus depends on how many blanks / focus you rolled. If you have more focus than blanks, use it as a focus. If you as many or more blanks than focus, use it as a TL.

Ran some simulations, 1,000,000 rolls for each scenario, and here's what we get:

[Edit : I dun goofed. Found an error in my code - fixed it. Here's some proper results.]

If you're rolling 3 dice, here are the averages you'll get :

• No help :
    • 1.125 hits and 0.375 crits = 1.5 hits/crits
  • With a focus :
    • 1.875 hits and 0.375 crits = 2.25 hits/crits
  • With a TL :
    • 1.687 hits and 0.563 crits = 2.25 hits/crits
  • With a TL and Han Solo crew :
    • 1.991 hits and 0.493 crits = 2.484 hits/crits
  • With a TL and a Focus :
    • 2.343 hits and 0.468 crits =2.811 hits/crits

TL;DR : Han Solo Crew is... ok.

If anyone's curious, here's my dirty, repetitive code: http://pastebin.com/bJrG5GJX

Edited by Klutz, 15 May 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#51 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

There just isn't much else about them that's damning to me. Both have reasonable effects, even if Leia has no range restriction. My major question is, how did this person get their hands on the Tantive a full week in advance?

Alea iacta est.

#52 Danthrax

Danthrax

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

So Han Solo is like getting a free focus each round. You can get the benefits of a target lock + focus without having to spend a turn focusing (or set up a synergy with another ship to get that focus). Pretty badass.

• Engine25 likes this

#53 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

• With a TL and Han Solo crew :
    • 2.238 hits and 0.575 crits
  • With a TL and a Focus :
    • 2.343 hits and 0.469 crits

So wait, the average number of hits (regular + critical) w/ TL/F (2.812) is actually equal/less than the average number of hits w/ just a TL Han (2.813)?  And he's actually even better than TL/F in terms of generating criticals? If that math is correct, yeah, he'll see some play :)

EDIT: I admit I'm struggling a bit to understand how they could be equal. Take the example where you roll 3 blanks--at that point, a Han TL gives you an EV of 1.5 hits and TL/F gives you an expected value of 2.25.

Likewise, if you roll 1 hit and 2 blanks, a Han TL gives you an EV of 2 hits and TL/F gives you an expected value of 2.5. 

And imagine a situaiton where you roll one hit, one focus and one blank. In that case, a TL Han has an EV of 2 and a TL/F has an EV of 2.75.

So what are the situations where a Han TL gives you a greater EV to the point that it counteracts all the rolls where he is clearly worse?

Edited by GlobeTrotting, 15 May 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#54 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

There just isn't much else about them that's damning to me. Both have reasonable effects, even if Leia has no range restriction. My major question is, how did this person get their hands on the Tantive a full week in advance?

Many Bothans died to bring us this information... I'll leave it at that...

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#55 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Tantive is likely at the distributors already and may have been sent out early to some stores.

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#56 Klutz

Klutz

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

So wait, the average number of hits (regular + critical) w/ TL/F (2.812) is actually equal/less than the average number of hits w/ just a TL Han (2.813)?  And he's actually even better than TL/F in terms of generating criticals? If that math is correct, yeah, he'll see some play :)

EDIT: I admit I'm struggling a bit to understand how they could be equal. Take the example where you roll 3 blanks--at that point, a Han TL gives you an EV of 1.5 hits and TL/F gives you an expected value of 2.25.

See my edited post, I had a little bug in my code :P

...and it was greatly over-estimating Han's utility as a Crew member.

Actual data :

With a TL and Han Solo crew : 1.991 hits and 0.493 crits = 2.484 hits/crits

"So what are the situations where a Han TL gives you a greater EV to the point that it counteracts all the rolls where he is clearly worse?"
There are none :P

However, "if you roll 1 hit and 2 blanks, a Han TL gives you an EV of 1.5 hits" is incorrect. In that scenario, a Han TL an EV of 2.

Edited by Klutz, 15 May 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#57 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

So he's an approximately 10% increase to your offensive abilities?

#58 PhantomFO

PhantomFO

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

So Han Solo is like getting a free focus each round. You can get the benefits of a target lock + focus without having to spend a turn focusing (or set up a synergy with another ship to get that focus). Pretty badass.

He's also handy for the corvette, as he gives them a Focus-like option that they wouldn't get otherwise.
  • Punning Pundit likes this

REBEL: 3 X-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 Z95 Headhunter, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290

IMPERIAL: 5 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Phantom 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray

#59 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Many Bothans died to bring us this information... I'll leave it at that...

Well, he's your friend, and you don't even seem to trust him.

Alea iacta est.

#60 atr127

atr127

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

i literally joined this forum to confirm this, but they are definitely real, errors 'n' all.  i saw them both in use today,  you can believe me or not, but you shall see in about a week!

regardless, Leia seems to be of limited use outside Epic games, but i think Han is great, and will likely find greater utility as more ships are released.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS