New Tantive IV Crew Cards...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#21 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Also, it's utility is re-enforced as if you can TL, but not shoot in a round TL is an even better choice as Han can use it next round and you get to take another action.

It would be a nice combo with a Weapons Eng.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#22 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Link to the Tantive story

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4663

You can see Leia's Card and Han's Hand in this preview. So it puts some credibility in my first post.

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#23 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

And given the small size of the increase between TL or focus and the combo, the increase will be pretty small. I don't think it changes the .5 to .75 chance to hit number... It just makes TL the better option. I think. But that kind of math twists my brain, as you'd have to work out the probability of each given roll, and how the different effects would effect them, and if it is an increase it's only going to be a few deciamls...

Challenge accepted, that's what I made my Matlab scripts for! I will try to get to it tonight, but no promises. Busy doing errands plus academic stuff after I get out of work today.

#24 Dr Lucky

Dr Lucky

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Han may not say "Huge Ship Only" but I can't imagine a better place for him than a CR90. Giving a ship that can't otherwise Focus the ability to is huge.
  • LeoHowler likes this

#25 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Han may not say "Huge Ship Only" but I can't imagine a better place for him than a CR90. Giving a ship that can't otherwise Focus the ability to is huge.

Hangoing out with Chewie and Luke on the Falcon. :P
  • Engine25 likes this

#26 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

It seems that for Leia's card they forgot how to spell maneuver a couple of times.
  • Stone37 and Aminar like this

#27 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

It seems that for Leia's card they forgot how to spell maneuver a couple of times.

Nice catch. Probably fake then... But yet they noticed the Han card... Strange.

#28 cody campbell

cody campbell

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Han's crew ability doesn't seem consistent with his pilot ability. Not that it has to, but his "gambler" persona comes across in his pilot card. I would have expected something similar rather than an almost guaranteed result.

#29 Jfitz1431

Jfitz1431

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Well Han Solo sounds awesome to me. Especially since seemingly every time I target lock I end up rolling a lot of eyes and wishing I had focused instead. 

• ObiWonka likes this

#30 cody campbell

cody campbell

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Sorry, double posting. To give some examples, Luke has almost the same ability. Chewie is about crit resistance. Force senstives are generally about focus.

#31 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Han's crew ability doesn't seem consistent with his pilot ability. Not that it has to, but his "gambler" persona comes across in his pilot card. I would have expected something similar rather than an almost guaranteed result.

He turns the gamble into a sure thing, sounds like Han to me.

#32 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

I was curious how long it would take for someone to point that out.  These are both fakes.  I'm expecting more interesting abilities for both of these crew cards.

#33 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

I was curious how long it would take for someone to point that out.  These are both fakes.  I'm expecting more interesting abilities for both of these crew cards.

It's also possible they actually spelled it wrong. I guess we'll find out soon enough either way!

I'm still going to do the math on Han Solo's crew ability even if it's a fake, because I am curious. 

#34 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Wouldn't that just suck if the whole first batch of Tantives were spoiled by a simple typo? 

• berusplants likes this

A study in scarlet letters.

#35 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Wouldn't that just suck if the whole first batch of Tantives were spoiled by a simple typo? 

That would actually make them collectibles!

Edited by MajorJuggler, 15 May 2014 - 02:50 PM.

• admiralcrunch likes this

#36 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

It would make the Leia card a collectible... Or just never open the package.. unlike what I did to my original star wars figures!!! (damn me for being 5 at the time!)

• Digitalkiller likes this

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#37 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

it's a good thing the yt-1300 doesn't take fcs, because Han on a Lando with FCS and Gunner? Without the once per round limitatition of an R7 astromech that could get nasty fast.

#38 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

In a way, yes. I don't imagine it'll be on the same level as a blue Hurricane (currently $15K+ on the 'bay), but some people might be interested in owning one. I'd rather just email FFG and see if they wouldn't send me a corrected version, once they're in print. If they ask for the old one in return, so be it.

#39 JJFDVORAK

JJFDVORAK

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Just two more cards of the current Rebel power creep!  If these are real, Leia's card is gonna be awesome/horrible to play with/against.  

#40 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Just two more cards of the current Rebel power creep!  If these are real, Leia's card is gonna be awesome/horrible to play with/against.  

That's not power creep.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS