New Tantive IV Crew Cards...

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

I found this on facebook so take it with a grain of salt...

image.jpg

• SteveSpikes and AdmiralThrawn like this

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wings], 2 [Y-Wings], 2 [A-Wings], 3 [B-Wings], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighters], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptors], 3 [Tie Bombers], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#2 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

I found this on facebook so take it with a grain of salt...

image.jpg

Define found on Facebook?
I find it interesting... Did we eevr got confirmation Han Solo came with the Tantive? I thought only Leia was coming. Han seems a strange choice given he's never with spitting distance of a Blockade Runner in the films...

#3 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

It was posted by one of my x-wing friends. My thoughts were in-line with you as Han wasn't even remotely related to the Tantive. I just thought it was interesting (even if it might be fake).

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wings], 2 [Y-Wings], 2 [A-Wings], 3 [B-Wings], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighters], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptors], 3 [Tie Bombers], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#4 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Han's crew ability is sick. 

Does someone have a brain for math regarding the effectiveness of spending the TL vs. probability of hits, etc, etc.

On it's face that sounds very powerful.

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" - Robot Chicken

#5 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Huh... he's right, there's a Han Solo in the set.  Not saying that these aren't fake, but that's the image from the SWLCG of Han... and if you look at the stack of cards, you can see the left side of that image.  4th card from the right, top row.

Edited by Khyros, 15 May 2014 - 02:04 PM.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#6 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Does someone have a brain for math regarding the effectiveness of spending the TL vs. probability of hits, etc, etc.

The math is the same. It's the same effect as a focus.
  • magadizer likes this

#7 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Huh... he's right, there's a Han Solo in the set.  Not saying that these aren't fake, but that's the image from the SWLCG of Han... and if you look at the stack of cards, you can see the left side of that image.  4th card from the right, top row.

Well damn... OP. Get him to spoil the rest. STAT! :P

#8 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yes, it is the same as a focus.  As it reads, it replaces the ability of the target lock to Focus instead.

#9 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Nice thing about Han though is that you can save that focus for defence.

• Papamambo likes this

Scum: 5 X-Wing 3 Z-95 3 Y-Wing 2 B-Wing 2 A-Wing 1 E-Wing 1 HWK 1 YT-1300 1 GR-75
Villany: 7 TIEs 4 TIE/Int 3 TIE/Bomb 2 TIE/Defender 1 TIE/Adv 1 TIE/Phantom 1 Firespray 1 Lambda
Incoming:  (Currently Waiting For Wallet To Replenish)  1 RebAces 1 YT-2400  2 VT-49                                                                                                                

"Sorry About The Mess." - Han Solo

#10 Papamambo

Papamambo

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

If it's real that is..

I guess we'll have to wait for some official spoilers in a week :(

"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern' - AnonymousRebel - X-Wing (3), Y-Wing (1), A-Wing (2), B-Wing (2), E-Wing (1), Z-95 (2), Hwk-290 (1), YT-1300 (1), GR-75 Transport (1)Imperial - TIE ln (3), TIE Interceptor (1), TIE Bomber (1), TIE Defender (1), TIE Phantom (2), Lambda(1), Firespray (1), Imperial Aces (1)<p>WISHLIST - REBEL - 3 X, 2 Y, 3 A, 2 B, 1 Hwk, 2 YT 1300's IMP - 6 TIE, 6 TIE Interceptors, 4 TIE Bombers, 3 TIE Adv, 2 Firesprays, 2 Lambdas (Total)

#11 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Well, the best use of it will be when you TL and roll 3 focii, instead of rerolling all of them saying "i wish I would have focused!" you can just turn them into hits instead.  Makes TL stronger by making it more versatile.  

• magadizer, berusplants, LeoHowler and 3 others like this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#12 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

That's incorrect. Han Solo is decidedly better than EITHER Focus OR Target Lock, since you get to choose which to use it as. The math is absolutely different. If you roll all blanks then focus is useless. If you roll all eyes then Target Lock requires you to re-roll them and hope to get hits/crits. In either of the above scenarios, Han Solo is better.

Of course Focus + TL will always be better than Han. If Khyros doesn't get it before me I'll work the numbers later.

Edited by MajorJuggler, 15 May 2014 - 02:10 PM.

• Hrathen, Khyros, Millennium Falsehood and 2 others like this

#13 Crabbok

Crabbok

• Members
  • 811 posts

Han could be nice on a B-Wing with FCS (once rebel aces comes out I mean)

• GroggyGolem, berusplants and ObiWonka like this

#14 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 851 posts

It's interesting to me that neither of these cards says Huge Ship only... especially Leia.  The effect is similar to Carlist Rieekan, in that he changes ALL other ships pilot skills, and Carlist is Huge Only.  I would expect it to be all ships within a range... anyway, its Like a freebie Adrenaline Rush for your whole formation, and I like it.

Edited by Engine25, 15 May 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#15 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

That's incorrect. Han Solo is decidedly better than EITHER Focus OR Target Lock, since you get to choose which to use it as. The math is absolutely different. If you roll all blanks then focus is useless. If you roll all eyes then Target Lock requires you to re-roll them and hope to get hits/crits, whereas Han Solo allows you to directly change them into hits.

Of course Focus + TL will always be better than Han. If Khyros doesn't get it before me I'll work the numbers later.

Have at it... Tonight is game night, so I'm not going to be working on them at all.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#16 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

If it's real that is..

I guess we'll have to wait for some official spoilers in a week :(

Yeah, salt has been added to this delicious soup of a spoiler, but Khyros is right, the edge of Han's card can be seen, even if the text is not visible.

Also Leia is awesome in a Stress heavy post wave 4 environment

Scum: 5 X-Wing 3 Z-95 3 Y-Wing 2 B-Wing 2 A-Wing 1 E-Wing 1 HWK 1 YT-1300 1 GR-75
Villany: 7 TIEs 4 TIE/Int 3 TIE/Bomb 2 TIE/Defender 1 TIE/Adv 1 TIE/Phantom 1 Firespray 1 Lambda
Incoming:  (Currently Waiting For Wallet To Replenish)  1 RebAces 1 YT-2400  2 VT-49                                                                                                                

"Sorry About The Mess." - Han Solo

#17 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

It's interesting to me that neither of these cards says Huge Ship only... especially Leia.  The effect is similar to Carlist Rieekan, in that he changes ALL other ships pilot skills, and Carlist is Huge Only.  I would expect it to be all ships within a range... anyway, its Like a freebie Adrenaline Rush for your whole formation, and I like it.

But then we can't have Han convince Leia to relieve stress from all the pilots in the squadron at once? Wait. Bad FFG. Bad.
  • stegocent and Dm1012 like this

#18 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

The Han card is very powerful and can be made more so if run with Dutch.

You can now have a target lock and focus and spend it normally if you get a set of blanks, or you can use it like a focus and then have a focus for defense.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#19 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

That's incorrect. Han Solo is decidedly better than EITHER Focus OR Target Lock, since you get to choose which to use it as. The math is absolutely different. If you roll all blanks then focus is useless. If you roll all eyes then Target Lock requires you to re-roll them and hope to get hits/crits. In either of the above scenarios, Han Solo is better.

Well, it was true "from a certain point of view." I think they meant that if you use it to change eyes to hits, then it is the same as having a focus token. But you are trying to do something better, which is take into account the full value of it with the context of being able to use it as a TL OR focus.

Be seeing you.

#20 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

And given the small size of the increase between TL or focus and the combo, the increase will be pretty small. I don't think it changes the .5 to .75 chance to hit number... It just makes TL the better option. I think. But that kind of math twists my brain, as you'd have to work out the probability of each given roll, and how the different effects would effect them, and if it is an increase it's only going to be a few deciamls...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS