Good build for transports?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Krynn007

Krynn007

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Played my first game with the transport last night. 200pts game.
I guess I went a little over board with the upgrades.
I felt like with what I had for upgrades I didn't use some much.
I had the repair Droid, frequency Jammer, toylan,Comms booster from what I remember.
I basically had each slot filled.

Just wondering from those who have played around a little more what worked best for them?
I also had the title that let me have a second evade.
So many options and not enough energy/actions to feel like it was really doing much good.
I was flying
Transport, wedge, luke, Wes,2x dagger squadern
My opponent had 3 shuttles,and Firespray all with hlc,and 5 Ties, one was Howlrunner

Edited by Krynn007, 15 May 2014 - 01:32 PM.

4 xwing, 2 awings, 2 bwings,1 ywing, 1 Falcon, 1hwk, 1 ewing, 2 z95, 1 GR-75 medium transport, 1 CR90 Corvette, 6 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, 1 imperial aces, 2 bombers, 1 tie adv, 1 shuttle, 1 Firespray, 2 phantom, 1 tie defender

#2 CHUCKTASTIC

CHUCKTASTIC

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

SLICER TOOLS!  MUST ADD AND HAVE THEM!  FREE DAMAGE BEFORE FIRING IF STRESSED!

Seriously, after two games I cannot love double stress, then free damage the next turn.

#3 Rocket Launcher

Rocket Launcher

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Slicer tools

Comms booster

Title card that gives +2 energy and double evade!

WED Droid

Shield booster

#4 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

Pick 1-2 Energy cards. Try to get as many action free effects out of that as you can, and no more than 15 points in upgrades that don't add health(Chewbacca/Retrofit.) Personally Comms Booster is a must. Torryn farr can be good. Slicer Tools is too expensive for my taste. It's damage is decidely meh, and Jam is a very situational tool. Other people disagree, but I figure the best use of the Transport is to make the most out of my ships, not to hurt theirs, aside from being an everpresent force of pure destruction that nobody dares fly near.
  • Chris Maes likes this

#5 aArendsvark

aArendsvark

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

I like Comms Booster, Quantum Storm, and Backup Shield Generator. 

• RealShinigami and Aminar like this

#6 Krynn007

Krynn007

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

I was thinking slicer tools,but I thought they is a lot of points for something that may or may not get a lot of use. Sure I can jam and slice next round, but I thought unless my opponent does a lot of k turns, or maneuvers that give him stress I may not get a lot of use out of it.

A for the repair Droid I only used it once. I found that I was using my actions for support most of the time.
I was thinking sonic storm in my next game

One question though

When you use the regeneration of Shield as your action, and I have 5 energy, it says to remove all tokens. So even though I'm only getting back 4 shields, u still have to get rid of all tokens?
4 xwing, 2 awings, 2 bwings,1 ywing, 1 Falcon, 1hwk, 1 ewing, 2 z95, 1 GR-75 medium transport, 1 CR90 Corvette, 6 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, 1 imperial aces, 2 bombers, 1 tie adv, 1 shuttle, 1 Firespray, 2 phantom, 1 tie defender

#7 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

I would say yes, you lose all your energy tokens.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#8 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

I was thinking slicer tools,but I thought they is a lot of points for something that may or may not get a lot of use. Sure I can jam and slice next round, but I thought unless my opponent does a lot of k turns, or maneuvers that give him stress I may not get a lot of use out of it.
A for the repair Droid I only used it once. I found that I was using my actions for support most of the time.
I was thinking sonic storm in my next game
One question though
When you use the regeneration of Shield as your action, and I have 5 energy, it says to remove all tokens. So even though I'm only getting back 4 shields, u still have to get rid of all tokens?

Yep, you lose them all, so comms Boost accordingly first.

#9 RealShinigami

RealShinigami

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

I think you iether want it boostign your own ships (comms booster FTW! usually add Quantum Storm and back up shield for bit more survivability)

Or

have it soak damage directed at your other ships (Bright hope+Shield projector+ retrofit and tibana gas for the emergency energy boso to replenish all shields in one go)

Just my toughts ;)

#10 Krynn007

Krynn007

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Has anyone tried em emitter?
I found last night I was using the transport as an obstacle to give an extra defense, since I was highly out gunned.
Just wondering if anyone else found it made a difference

#11 dotswarlock

dotswarlock

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

I find that unless you have something else to draw fire away from the transport, having the repair droid is a waste of points.  It costs you an action to use and if your opponent is starting to hurt your hull (or land crits) then your first priority will be to boost shields instead of repairing only 1 damage.  The one exception is for scenarios.

• Krynn007 likes this

#12 Krynn007

Krynn007

• Members
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

I find that unless you have something else to draw fire away from the transport, having the repair droid is a waste of points.  It costs you an action to use and if your opponent is starting to hurt your hull (or land crits) then your first priority will be to boost shields instead of repairing only 1 damage.  The one exception is for scenarios.

Ya makes sense
I found it hard to justify using an action to repair, especially if I could use my action to regain shields.
I thought repairing a crit would be best, but again 3 energy is a lot

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS