List for Critique:

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 winterdyne

winterdyne

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

I've been having lots of fun with Maarek and Jonus and Krassis (and some cluster-missile crit inducing shennanigans), but a 3-ship build is a bit on the vulnerable side, in an attempt to be competitive (first tourney soon!):

Maarek Stele - cluster missiles and marksmanship

Captain Jonus -

Bounty Hunter - heavy laser cannon

Scimitar Squadron Pilot - cluster missiles

100 pts on the dot.

Thoughts?

My usual list (and currently unbeaten vs rebels in my local group):

Stele (as above), Krassis (HLC), Jonus (determination), also 100 on the money.

Edited by winterdyne, 15 May 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#2 TheGreedyMerchant

TheGreedyMerchant

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Drop HLC on the bounty hunter and go with Vader instead of Maarek? With the five left over points from upgrading to Vader you can put engine upgrade on him also. Just my thought, I personally don't like the tie advanced but you seem to be making it work if you're beating rebs locally.

Edited by TheGreedyMerchant, 15 May 2014 - 01:34 PM.

Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after ten years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries.

#3 winterdyne

winterdyne

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

I expect to fight a fair few B-wings. Being able to choose what crit to apply works wonders.

#4 TheGreedyMerchant

TheGreedyMerchant

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hmmm, the only thing that would make the list work better is if you could get a target lock and a focus in the same turn, squad leader on Jonus? It wouldn't help Maarek but it could help out your other bomber.

Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after ten years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries.

#5 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

The Advanced is durable and a great ship to fly alongside Bombers.  You might want to consider:

Vader+Squad Leader

2x Scimitar+Concussion+Cluster

Scimitar+Assault

Vader can use squad leader to help the Bombers get TLs and use his other action to Evade.  He has five hitpoints and rolls three defense die.  This makes him durable enough to stay in formation with the bombers.

Your three Bombers are going to get in a nasty Alpha strike, and then follow it up with a Beta, and possibly Charlie strike!  

It's a fun build that can handle pain and dish out even more.

#6 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

I would swap the HLC for a Gunner for consistent damage output and then put a Seismic on Jonus. I say Gunner as in a tourney setting you will face high Agi ships and the HLC may not get it done. Also, Gunner works on both arcs.

Beyond that, I like your use of Maarek.

Edited by Englishpete, 15 May 2014 - 01:56 PM.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#7 blade_mercurial

blade_mercurial

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

I would swap the HLC for a Gunner for consistent damage output and then put a Seismic on Jonus. I say Gunner as in a tourney setting you will face high Agi ships and the HLC may not get it done. Also, Gunner works on both arcs.

Beyond that, I like your use of Maarek.

While gunner is usually better than HLC on a Firespray (generally speaking), he's got Jonus to make the HLC count.  It should do just fine against high agility, provided the OP keeps a nice jousting lane open for his firespray during asteroid placement. 

Having said that, the rest of the OP's ships have very little to contribute vs. 3+ defense dice...

OTOH, the original list does have some good durability with 27 hull.  With the new tournament rules, it might be enough, but once that firespray goes down, you've lost your principle beat stick...not sure what to suggest since I don't use bombers, personally.  I like Stone37's suggestions to maintain the same ships, albeit with different pilots.

#8 winterdyne

winterdyne

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, I'm concerned about interceptor lists, however providing I can get the missiles off with Jonus in formation, at least one should pop; ideally it'll be the bomber doing this, Maarek is there to use the missiles with marksmanship to apply at least 2 crits to something big.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS