Photo

New to the game, already have a question.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nevetz

Nevetz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Heya everyone. I recently got into the game after playing a demo at my local game store. The game looks great, and I really hope it will get bigger and bigger, but the owner of my store told me that every expansion wave is in a "limited number" so it is already hard to find some pieces (X-Wing, TIE Interceptor). Since I love Interceptors and I was already thinking of getting some of them, this really hit bad. So I'd like to ask, how FFG is going to do about X-Wing? Is it going to be harder and harder to find "basic" pieces like X-Wings, TIE Fighters, etc.. ? What happens if my only X-Wing has an accident and I have to replenish it with a new one? I come from Warhammer world and as many of you probably know, bits and boxes aren't really hard to find in there. But here it seems different. I look at my models and think I must pay an extreme attention to them every time they are out of the box (a bit maniacal, but I love to keep my things in a good state).

#2 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

FFG has repeatedly stated that this is not a collectible game.  As stock runs out, they will reprint it.  However, they do seem to be struggling in general to keep up with demand for the game.  W1 and W2 were pretty much out of stock until a few months ago when the first reprint hit the shelves, and while those have hung around for awhile now, they're starting to dry back up.  

But I repeat, FFG has numerously stated that this is not a collectible game and everything will be reprinted (or at least for as long as they hold the license).  

• DraconPyrothayan likes this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#3 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

Pending Forum Submission

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

If you search a couple of different sites you should be able to find everything you need, check out this post it has a lot of different online places for items. (Between my local gaming store, amazon, and min market I have not had a problem findings the ships I need) Also GameStop carries ships on their online FYI.

http://community.fan...-for-your-buck/

And welcome I am a recovering 40k player and have never looked back.)

Edited by Cubanboy, 15 May 2014 - 11:56 AM.

I have ships,
Pew Pew Pew

#4 Old Adept

Old Adept

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

They got blindsided with the popularity of the second wave of ships. But the first and second are in the second runs now. With X-Wing being FFGs most popular game, they figured out quickly how to improve the supply of ships. This is a big year, 2 huge ships, imperial aces, wave 4, and prob rebel aces before the end of year. Strap in, and save those dollars.
  • DraconPyrothayan likes this
I have NOTHING clever to say.
NO ONE cares about what ships I have.
NO ONE cares if I win or loose.

#5 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

Pending Forum Submission

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

They got blindsided with the popularity of the second wave of ships. But the first and second are in the second runs now. With X-Wing being FFGs most popular game, they figured out quickly how to improve the supply of ships. This is a big year, 2 huge ships, imperial aces, wave 4, and prob rebel aces before the end of year. Strap in, and save those dollars.

I care about your ships and wins/loses
I have ships,
Pew Pew Pew

#6 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

The game is not limited. All the original ships are still in production and will likely stay that way for the life of the game.

What has happened is that the game is waaay more popular than FFG was expecting and there have been some shortages because stuff sold out faster than more could be made. FFG seems to have sorted most of that out and the out of stock issues shouldn't be so bad going forward. There might be some scarcity of new things (like wave 4) just as they are released, but by and large it shouldn't be too difficult to find any give ship from now on.

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#7 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

I care about your ships and wins/loses

I like seeing what ships other people have :\

Your win/loss record, well, there's lots of variables, it's less important to me :P

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" - Robot Chicken

#8 Nevetz

Nevetz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Well that's great news guys, thank you all!

#9 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Maybe CT is weird, but I don't see a lot of stock issues in the game stores in my area. Try calling around to various stores if you have a few in your area to see what they have in stock, you may find what you're looking for. Even Barnes and noble caries them. If you can find them now you will eventually. Lots of places online to get them too :)

#10 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

Now regarding interceptors... there are wonderful ships... if you really love those then buy a Imperial Aces pack, and from there maybe an Interceptor pack. But off course after buy the at least one copy of the game core.

ah and welcome to this game, enjoy...

Edited by Digitalkiller, 15 May 2014 - 12:35 PM.

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#11 Nevetz

Nevetz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

I have the Core game and a TIE Bomber... I was also looking for a TIE Advanced, then I'll tr to find some other Fighters, Interceptors, and of course, I'll wait for the my beloved imperial starfighters to come out.. Phantoms :)

#12 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

If it has been released FFG want to make sure it stays available.  Sometimes things get backed up but that can happen to anyone.

You may find something is generally not available RIGHT NOW but do not let that scare you into grossly overpaying for a ship.  Unless you are truly desperate for a piece (say you must run a Howlrunner swarm but you don't have Howlrunner) you should be able to wait for the ships to be reprinted.  Now perhaps your supplier stops carrying it for whatever reason but that is just a sign that you may need to find a different supplier.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS