• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Someone will walk away with a Tantive IV in hand on Sunday in Houston. There is a charity tournament benefitting Wounded Warriors at Comicpalooza, with 1 Tantive IV and 2 Rebel transports as the main prizes!

10271500_474943425984604_561534048943497

On a side note, the Tantive is a lot bigger than I thought! I assumed it would be in the same size box as the Rebel Transport, but it is a lot bigger!

• Ringo67, WonderWAAAGH, Scurvy Lobster and 3 others like this
Be seeing you.

#2 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

10271500_474943425984604_561534048943497

On a side note, the Tantive is a lot bigger than I thought! I assumed it would be in the same size box as the Rebel Transport, but it is a lot bigger!

Pics???

#3 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

I assume that you haven't opened the box yet, otherwise I would ask for exact dimensions. I am trying to figure out how much vertical foam I will need to store it. I'm pretty sure that 3" will just about do it.

#4 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

Please document the cards that are included in it for those of us not attending.  Don't we all just love spoilers?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#5 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

I'm just assuming here, but I figure it won't be opened until someone actually won the event.

#6 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Damn, these things became available much faster than I expected (or am able to afford...). Still, looks great. Can't wait to fly it someday. ^^

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, , 3 Z-95's, 2 E-Wings, 1 GR-75

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31, 1 TIE Defender

Black Sun Private Fleet: Coming soon~

#7 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

I just used that picture to approximate how long the CR-90 is. Assuming the Transport is 9", then not accounting for parallax or distance from the camera, I get a length of just about 13.5". (Measuring pixels, the right transport is 207 pixels long vs. the CR-90 is 313 pixels)

Edit: it may be a hair less than that, because the CR-90 is nearly perpendicular to the camera, and the right transport is at an angle.

Hopefully I can fit in my PACK 720, which is 15.5" x 12". Megadizer, would you mind measuring the length and reporting back? You can do this without opening the box. Thanks!  :)  

(Edited for dimensions again)

Edited by MajorJuggler, 15 May 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#8 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

The Tantive IV looks nice and all, but the charity event deserves some attention too. Good on you OP, I'd come play if I lived nearby.
  • dojimaster, bgFish, Caadium and 1 other like this

A study in scarlet letters.

#9 swordman

swordman

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

I would love to go... but i have to work that night...
Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 4 X-wings(1 from transport), 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75
Empire: 5 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptor(2 from Aces), 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Firespray-31
Still have a third starter unopened...
Preordered: 1 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

#10 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

I am not sure I can make it myself, but I wanted to spread the word. The host is of course not opening the box, because it is prize support. Also, it should be noted that FFG donated these prizes for this charity event, which is why they have it so soon. Thanks to FFG for supporting the charity, and to Comicpalooza for hosting it, and matching every $5 entry fee/donation made.

Be seeing you.

#11 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

I just used that picture to approximate how long the CR-90 is. Assuming the Transport is 9", then not accounting for parallax or distance from the camera, I get a length of just about 13.5". (Measuring pixels, the right transport is 207 pixels long vs. the CR-90 is 313 pixels)

Edit: it may be a hair less than that, because the CR-90 is nearly perpendicular to the camera, and the right transport is at an angle.

Hopefully I can fit in my PACK 720, which is 15.5" x 12". Megadizer, would you mind measuring the length and reporting back? You can do this without opening the box. Thanks!  :)  

I haven't seen the thing in person. this was a post on our Houston area X-wing Group on Facebook. However, the host who has the box estimated that it is about 13 inches long, around 4 inches wide, and perhaps 3 inches tall (though the height is hard to measure due to the placement in the box.)

We had another guy asking because he wants to get some custom foam cut.

• MajorJuggler likes this
Be seeing you.

#12 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

I haven't seen the thing in person. this was a post on our Houston area X-wing Group on Facebook. However, the host who has the box estimated that it is about 13 inches long, around 4 inches wide, and perhaps 3 inches tall (though the height is hard to measure due to the placement in the box.)

Thanks. The dimensions of the CR-90 are listed as 150m long x 48.6m wide x 32.6m high, so if it's 13" long then that would put it at 4.2" x 2.8" assuming the model uses the same ratios as what is listed on wookiepedia. At 13.5" long it would, in theory, be 4.37" wide by 2.93" tall. I'll play it safe and wait until I have my own in hand and can measure it before I order foam, to make sure that 3" will be thick enough.

Great tournament by the way, agreed with the above comments. Massachusetts is a long way from Houston otherwise I would try and make it out.  :)

#13 gekigangerv

gekigangerv

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

I'm the guy that's getting custom foam.

• magadizer likes this

#14 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Always a good idea to wait for exact measurements before cutting. :)

These are approximations to get you in the ballpark. Again, he's not going to open the box so we will have to wait till at least Sunday. But really, it's only another week or two at the most until we can all make our own measurements. Best to wait and make sure.

Be seeing you.

#15 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

Always a good idea to wait for exact measurements before cutting.  :)

Yup, measure twice, cut once!

I'm the guy that's getting custom foam.

If you don't mind my asking, what's your plan for cutting foam? I haven't cut any yet, but am leaning towards getting some Charcoal Firm quarter sheets from here:

http://www.foamforyo...m_packaging.htm

... and then cutting it with this:

http://www.amazon.co...d=IFM8K42TX7XQ9

I'll be cutting foam for everything I have, waves 1-4 + Epic ships. I'll have a bunch of extra foam left over, but it'll be way cheaper in the long run and more space efficient than BattleFoam.

Edited by MajorJuggler, 15 May 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#16 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

gekigangerv can tell you the details but I know he is getting a local guy who is starting a business cutting foam to do it for him.

Be seeing you.

#17 Crabbok

Crabbok

• Members
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Wow man that thing is nearly twice the size of the transport!

#18 gekigangerv

gekigangerv

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

gekigangerv can tell you the details but I know he is getting a local guy who is starting a business cutting foam to do it for him.

A local guy is cutting it for me.  I think he's using a laser cutter with open cell foam.  I'll know more next week.

#19 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Good cause there WW but alas I will be out of town. I spread the word though.

I wanted to know the dimensions also. I would love a customcut tray from battlefoam but will go with 4" pluck foam. That and a 2" tray for wave 4 will fit nice in a Pack Plus attached to my existing Pack 216.

Enimo Et Fide

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS