• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Effenhoog

Effenhoog

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

I have a similarly stupid sizable collection myself

I recently picked up this http://www.amazon.co...00180550&sr=8-7 for storage and it's great, although with all the ships I own (60+ once wave 4 ships) I might have to keep the Tantive in its own box.  I could probably cram it all if I wanted but one of the reasons I bought this monster case was to have space to optimize my storage to facilitate quick setup and cleanup.

#22 catachan23

catachan23

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

I already have a few ships but this is basically me set now to run games for people at our club - very few currently play so I thought that if I was able to provide a nice variety of ships for both sides, it would be fun. Plus even with shipping, all that stuff was a *lot* cheaper than buying here in the UK.

I am slowly working my way up in ship count for both factions for that very reason.  I also keep some interesting prebuilt lists in my Plano that showcase the fun and game mechanics and save any confusion with listbuilding for a new player.

We have a growing community of players here with their own collections, but I would rather have enough ships on hand so that if someone new rolls up, the conversation can go like this...

"Whoa, that looks like fun!"

"It sure is, you wanna play a game with me?"

"Sure!  Wait, I dont have any ships to play with though..." [Sad face]

"Well it just so happens that I have enough ships that you can play anything that you want, all you have to do is pick a side.  Still loyal to the Evil Empire, or are you Rebel Scum?"

"Haha, Awesome!  I'm Rebel Scum then I guess, can I play as Han Solo?" [Happy face]

...Aaand they're hooked.

• Texx and Parravon like this
"Sorry About The Mess." - Han Solo

#23 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Happy Birthday to you! :)   What? It isn't even your birthday? :blink:

Everytime I get a parcel with X Wing miniatures I treat it as a birthday present.... I am now 11 years old in "X Wing" years! ;)

Never Mynock the Buzzsaw Shuttles!

#24 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Hahaha I know that feeling. I recently won a $200 gift certificate on a game store and went crazy with x wing. (Two more B wings behind.) Officially ready for wave 4!

10370450_10152455012126742_3905679747915

Edited by LedZep, 15 May 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#25 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Happy face, the wife bought me a second lambda and firespray! Now I have enough stealth devices and two advs sensors. I tried to price a build using all four of my big imperials, but it comes out a bit silly. I still might do it though.

2x bh 66pts
2x omicron 36

Curses 2 points over...
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#26 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

HOLY CRAP. That's worth £373 at RRP in the UK ($500 ish?), I envy the fun you are gonna have unboxing all that! :D

That's over $700 worth here in New Zealand. That's a BIG box of goodies.

Rick   -   Hastings, New Zealand

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

Scum & Villainy: 2 Z-95 (planned), 2 Y-Wing (planned) + 1 HWK-290, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Firespray-31 (ready to go)

#27 CheesyRobMan

CheesyRobMan

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

HOLY CRAP. That's worth £373 at RRP in the UK ($500 ish?), I envy the fun you are gonna have unboxing all that! :D

That's over $700 worth here in New Zealand. That's a BIG box of goodies.

But since I ordered from the States, it came in at about 50% RRP. Sometimes it's worth it.  :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS