Jump to content



Photo

Relic Nemesis Character Stands


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tallmike101

tallmike101

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

Anyone else notice that the new stands for the characters all fit perfectly without any issues?

 

My biggest gripe with the Relic set is that I have literally pushed with all my might to get the peg into the stand and have hurt myself at least twice out of the twelve games I have played. Last night my copy arrived and I was stunned at how easily they snapped into place together.

 

Is this something that they had fixed later and now all of the current shipping Relic boxes no longer have this issue? I actually invested in magnets and green stuff recently in order to have a much easier time of putting the stands in together.. still trying to find a useful guide on that process as it would be the first time I have done so!



#2 Aldus

Aldus

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

I had the same problem with the "basic" set - i couldn't fit the characters onto the pegs.

So i decided not to use them. Luckily the characters are stable enough to stand "on their own feet, without any help".

 

I'm still waiting for my copy of Nemesis, but if they have fixed this issue is

a.) good news

b.) a pity that they couldn't manage it in the first place

 

But honestly: this minor "bug" doesn't deduct anything from the great value this game offers :)



#3 Wulfgar Frostmane

Wulfgar Frostmane

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

With regards to magnets; I did the same thing before my first game because the plugs were just too tight, especially with my plans to paint the busts. Constant struggling to insert and remove the bases would have resulted in major paint loss.

 

Anyway, I use a fine saw to cut the top nub of the base off. File it flat if it's a bit crooked then super glue a magnet to the top of it. Try to get it as central as possible. Let the glue dry.

 

Attach a second magnet to the one on the base and prep a small amount of green stuff. Drop a small amount into the hole in the bottom of a bust. Trial and error, unfortunately, is the only way to work out how much to use but I generally used a ball around 4mm in diameter (about 1/8", I think). Press the base with 2 magnets on it into the green stuff. Depending on how tacky your green stuff mix is, the 2nd magnet may or may not stay stuck in there when you pull the base out. If it doesn't then just glue it in there once the green stuff has cured. Make sure you get the polarity right. Also, when you put magnets on the rest of the bases, make sure you get the magnet polarity the same way as the first one so that any base with fit with any bust.



#4 Talos

Talos

    Member

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

As an alternative fix, you can roll some sandpaper into a tube and spin it inside the character bust's stand socket. It may take a little while per bust, but I found you can fairly quickly get to the stage where the stand fits snugly, but you don't break your fingers trying to lock it in. Remember, to keep testing the fit while you are sanding, to make sure you don't overdo it.

Having a snug, but not finger crippling fit also puts less pressure on your paintwork, if you have painted the busts

Edited by Talos, 29 May 2014 - 06:33 PM.





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS