Replacing Lost Cards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kerstoid

Kerstoid

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

Does anyone know if FFG has a practice of replacing lost cards as a customer service?

I just built a new deck and discovered that I can only find 2 copies of A Very Good Tale, even after going through every card in my collection.  Where could it be?

I know that I can just proxy, but that's no fun.  What have you done when you lose a card?  And can they be replaced?  Thanks!

My blog at Master of Lore -- Articles on Tolkien's world as seen through the LOTR LCG.

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

well I do know that they have replaced damaged or missing cards in the past when people have opened the box...but this isn't the same thing. I don't think they do, but I cannot say for sure

I do know there was (or still is) a store that sells singles, but they are 'rares' from the core set and cost a huge amount ...

its a shame...I havnt lost a card yet, thank god...

Ps - I did just move house and miraculously I lost none of my 1000s of cards....though there was a point where I lost The Long Dark, but then it was down the side of the car seat...phew :D

Edited by richsabre, 15 May 2014 - 05:50 AM.

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

Hmmm.
Lost a few, but always found them later on.
You didn't throw it out with the trash or sucked it up into your vacuum cleaner did you?
Maybe your dog ate it? Otherwise it should resurface sooner or later.

As for asking FFG, I hear their customer support is great, so you can always try.
But I'm not too sure if they do this; if so I will report my single copy of UC lost then too!

Edited by Noccus, 15 May 2014 - 05:52 AM.

• ZanzibarLand likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

it is worse because it is an adventure pack card, so Its not like anyone would have any spare...damn, I would hate this happening to me - my condolences my friend..

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

My understanding is that FFG would not do this - their policy on it states that replacements due to customer error are not covered.

However I think that they might do it if you ask anyway. (The purpose of the statement is to allow them to refuse unreasonable requests, a single card one time, might be okay).

#6 Kerstoid

Kerstoid

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the tips!  I recently moved and still have hopes that it will turn up somewhere, but can't find it now for the life of me.  I'm sure a rash of missing Unexpected Courage cards will show up if FFG is willing to replace a single!

My blog at Master of Lore -- Articles on Tolkien's world as seen through the LOTR LCG.

#7 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

I have seen German singles on ebay for nearly every card in existence. They're a bit expensive (depending on where you live) but they're worth it IMO if it's just that one card. I plan on buying a bunch of staples myself, SoG, Feint, Foe Hammer, Daeron's Runes, etc

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#8 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

The thought of sending a package containing one little card is funny......

Hope your card shows up!

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 15 May 2014 - 02:45 PM.

• Kerstoid likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#9 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

The thought of sending a package containing two little cards is funny......

Hope your 2 cards turn up!

It is just one copy of A Very Good Tale that he is missing....

Hope you find it

• Kerstoid likes this

Carlos José Matos

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS