More transport questions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

Now, the NEW FAQ removed the wording about overlapping that made all that happen, suggesting that the ruling has changed, but it didn't really replace it with anything to make it clear what is supposed to happen now. I seem to remember reading, when the new FAQ came out, that the implication was that "touching" could continue from round to round until the ships actually separated, but I cant find the new wording now. Anyone?

It doesn't specifically say that, but it does address one situation where that can happen (the shuttle and its 0 move) and says that counts as still touching.

Am I reading the wrong FAQ?  The only time 0 maneuver is mentioned (page 2) just clarifies that it has no template and the the player leaves the ship in the same place and not changing the position or facing.

Any one in MN Twin Cities area, I have a brand new BattleFoam PACK 720 for sale $50, please PM me for details.

#22 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

Now can the ship target the aft section while "touching" the fore section....  I would say yes as long as normal targeting rules apply... aka center of small ship to center of section is not obstructed by blue line...

What are you reasons for saying that? The huge ship rules say all the regular rules for overlapping apply except as noted. The regular rules say you can't target the ship you are touching and the huge ship rules say nothing otherwise.

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#23 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

Now can the ship target the aft section while "touching" the fore section....  I would say yes as long as normal targeting rules apply... aka center of small ship to center of section is not obstructed by blue line...

What are you reasons for saying that? The huge ship rules say all the regular rules for overlapping apply except as noted. The regular rules say you can't target the ship you are touching and the huge ship rules say nothing otherwise.

Mainly because sooo much of the mechanics treat each section as a different entity.  I will default to this method of looking at it unless specified otherwise.

Could in this case it be considered one whole entity?  Sure wouldn't surprise me... but it seems to me most huge ship mechanics are separated by the different sections.  Movement and ranging for target-locks and special abilities are pretty much the only things that assumes the ship is a single entity. 

Now what are the odds you run into a huge ship and can target the other section... I would say slim, you would have to hit pretty close to the blue line to allow the "new" huge ship targeting system to allow it.  Large ship would have a better chance since the base is bigger and the base center is farther from the huge ship then the small bases.

Given the transport only has one card/action but 2 sections and the 'vette has 2 different cards and 2 sections/actions... dunno I would guess ruling could easily say treat it as one ship.

Any one in MN Twin Cities area, I have a brand new BattleFoam PACK 720 for sale $50, please PM me for details.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS