Wayland Games/UK Stock in General

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blusox69

Blusox69

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Has anyone had success getting stuff from Wayland Games? I pre-ordered Imperial aces from Wayland Games but got told they didn't have enough stock, so I'm on a waiting list. They also have the Rebel Transport as due in June. I cancelled my order and went with Book Depository and got 2 turn up yesterday :-)

I have the corvette and several Defenders and Phantoms on pre-order with them but I'm now unsure if I'll be getting them on release day. Luckily I'm in the US a few times over the next 2 months so may just order them from Miniature Market to a US address and bring them back, works out less than half the UK price anyway.

There seems to be a real lottery when it comes to getting stuff for X-Wing in the UK and I don't seem to ever be able to get all the miniatures I want from the same place. Which means I spend a daft amount on postage.

Any know of any "hidden gems" in the UK that have god stock?

#2 Blackmonkey0

Blackmonkey0

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

4TKgaming have always seen me OK.

The new stuff is still on pre-order but its 20% off so not bad at all.

http://www.4tk.co.uk...ment/47/X-wing/

#3 0rph3u5

0rph3u5

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

Since Wayland can offer a significant discount on some ranges they carry (which is offset by the amount of merchandise they move and added charge they have on other ranges), they are popular in most of the EU, not just in the UK ... that leads to them often having more pre-orders than their inital stock can furfill. That's esspecially bad with X-Wing since the inital stock usually outsells demand online.

They have the policy if the preorder numbers are larger than their stock is to service as many orders as possible with one of each item first; trying to deliver to as many customers as they can initially, instead of completing the orders of some customers. However how far up the list of customers you are, still depends on when you ordered with the those who ordered earlier getting high places on the list.

I've contacted their customer support on the subject how the state of affairs is with X-Wing Wave 4 but got nothing but a statement of the policy above.

"Soon the Emperor will have nothing but his pitiful Force to rely on." - Demetrius Zaarin

Zaarin Insurrectionists: (X-Wing): 5x TIE Interceptor, 6x TIE Bomber, 1x TIE Advanced, 6x TIE Defender, 1x TIE Phantom, 2x Lambda Shuttle, 1x Theta Shuttle (counts as Lambda Shuttle) (Still in aquisition:) 2x VT-49 Decimator (Armada): coming 2015

#4 Blusox69

Blusox69

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

Their customer service has been very good, they handled the refund within a day, I'm just surprised that they don't know how much stock they are getting and therefore indicate if you will or will not get your pre-order.

I'll take a look at 4K, thanks for the info

#5 Shanester40

Shanester40

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Try boardgameextras.com, very good price and way cheaper delivery than wayland.
Rebel Scum, 5 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing,1 YT1300, 1 Hwk 290, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 GR75, 2 Z-95, 2 E-Wing
Imperial Slugs, 5 Tie, 1 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Intercepter, 1 Tie Bomber 1 Firespray, 1Lambda, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom

#6 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Their customer service has been very good, they handled the refund within a day, I'm just surprised that they don't know how much stock they are getting and therefore indicate if you will or will not get your pre-order.

I'll take a look at 4K, thanks for the info

X-wing tends to get what's called an allotment. Say they order 300 imperial aces packs for 250 preorders and some extra stock. So do 4 other online retailers. We'll call that every dealer in the UK for simplicity sake. Now only 1000 Imperial aces make it to the UK. There are 1500 ordered and 1250 preorders. Eache vendor gets 200 aces and has to short 50 preorders. And they don't find that out till delivery day. Which is why I order from my FLGS and treat their call as the first priority after my job...

Edited by Aminar, 15 May 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#7 MunkeyKungFu

MunkeyKungFu

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Element games all the way. The fact they have a live stock system on the website makes ordering so much easier.

Growing X-Wing Collection:

Rebels - 5x X-Wing, 2x B-Wing, 1x A-Wing, 1x HWK, 1x YT130, 1x Transport

Imperial - 5x Tie Fighters, 2x Bombers, 3x Interceptors, 1x Advanced

#8 Trumpet

Trumpet

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Try www.phantasiahobbyshop.co.uk they had restocks of everything bar aces,oh and they had the transport.

#9 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Wayland are ****. Element are best.

You can get Rebel Transports from the still here

Also The Dice Sop has a couple left too. here

Scum: 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 Z-95's

#10 Tankboy

Tankboy

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

If you want regular cheap prices and best service in the UK, buy from -

http://www.tritex-ga...tures-game-497/

Wave 4 pre-orders £8.99 and Rebel Aces £19.99............

Most of the other small ships and in stock at £9.99

I have no connection with the above, just a very happy customer.

http://www.bookdepository.com   did have some very cheap transports at £32.17 (post free)  and currently

have A-wings currently at £9.04. 

Edited by Tankboy, 16 May 2014 - 06:54 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS