Photo

GR-75 as an obstacle in Tournament game.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pirrekurr

Pirrekurr

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

I just got my GR-75 yesterday.

On page 6 there are rules for using it as an obstacle in normal (non-Epic, non-Cinematic) games.It says that it can be used like that in a standard game.

Is it ok to bring your transport to a tournament and use it instead of your 3 asteroids? In other words, are tournaments considered "standard games"?

#2 DR4CO

DR4CO

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

I would say no, until and unless the Tournament Rules are updated to allow it. FFG could very well decide to keep the tournament setting fairly uniform in regards to obstacles.

The Fleet

6 X-wings - 3 Y-wings - 4 A-wings - 2 B-wings - 3 E-wings - 4 Z-95s - 1 HWK-290 - 2 YT-1300s - 1 Transport - 1 CR-90

5 TIE Fighters - 4 TIE Interceptors -  2 TIE Advanceds - 3 TIE Bombers - 2 TIE Defenders - 2 TIE Phantoms - 2 Firespray - 2 Shuttles

#3 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

My opponent suggested this in a game we had the other day. I think it made for a great feature.

I don't really do tournaments, so I don't know how it wouls skew things in that arena of play. Sould it structurally imbalance the game in favor or against a certain faction?

#4 trustybroom

trustybroom

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

My opponent suggested this in a game we had the other day. I think it made for a great feature.

I don't really do tournaments, so I don't know how it wouls skew things in that arena of play. Sould it structurally imbalance the game in favor or against a certain faction?

I think it would be a benefit to swarms. Much easier to fly around that thing than 3 scattered asteroids.

#5 DSOAgent

DSOAgent

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:26 AM

Mind you it says that the player is welcome to use thr GR-75 instead of placing his/her 3 asteroids. So unless both players put one on the table your still going to have 3 asteroids on the table. In my opinion FFG should have it so the players would have to agree on using the GR-75 and the player who has initiative gets to place it. Lets not fogret thay that thing is a huge piece of blocking terrian that when combined with 3 other asteroids a minimum of range one away, and can't be placed within range one to two of a edge, is going to cause a lot of extra green dice for the defender and lots to block the way for everyone.

#6 Pirrekurr

Pirrekurr

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

I just want to use my big shiny toy.

But I also Think it could benefit some elite builds with Biggs for instance. Put it so you get an extra agility Dice when they have to shoot at him.

#7 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

The Huge Ship rules pdf states that the huge ships cannot be used as obstacles in a Tournament unless the TO has announced prior to the event that they will be allowed.

• LukesFather likes this

#8 DSOAgent

DSOAgent

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

I must have missed that part in the pdf. Thanks fir correcting me. I personally like using tbe GR-75 in place of my 3 asteroids mainly because i dont see myself playing a whole lot of epic games. Me and my frinds tend to keep to the 100 point standard for speed of games. I can see the 200-300 epic size games taking a long time to play.

#9 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

I must have missed that part in the pdf. Thanks fir correcting me. I personally like using tbe GR-75 in place of my 3 asteroids mainly because i dont see myself playing a whole lot of epic games. Me and my frinds tend to keep to the 100 point standard for speed of games. I can see the 200-300 epic size games taking a long time to play.

if you want to speed things up for a 200-300 point game, double damage you cause. for every 1 attack dice that is not cancelled, deal two damage cards instead. 

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#10 DR4CO

DR4CO

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

I must have missed that part in the pdf.

Me too. Thanks from me, as well, Gullwind. :)

The Fleet

6 X-wings - 3 Y-wings - 4 A-wings - 2 B-wings - 3 E-wings - 4 Z-95s - 1 HWK-290 - 2 YT-1300s - 1 Transport - 1 CR-90

5 TIE Fighters - 4 TIE Interceptors -  2 TIE Advanceds - 3 TIE Bombers - 2 TIE Defenders - 2 TIE Phantoms - 2 Firespray - 2 Shuttles

#11 Galactic Funk

Galactic Funk

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

For the Transport to be legal to place as an obstacle in a normal 100 point tournament it would have to be covered in the Tournament Rules, which it is not. So for the time being you shouldn't show up to a tourney expecting to place your Transport as an obstacle.

Sounds fun for casual play though.

#12 LukesFather

LukesFather

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

another post with some of the information you are looking for

Rebels -  3 A wing - 5 B wing - 2 E wing - 2 HWK - - 5 Xwing - 2 YT-1300 - 2 Y wing - 3 Z95
Imperials - 6 Tie/F - 1 Adv/T - 2 Firespray - 3 Tie/I - 1 Aces - 2 Lambda - 3 TIE/B - 2 Tie/P - 2 Tie/D

EPIC - GR-75

Custom - 1 YV-545 (yt1300 conversion)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS