Crossover pilots/ships

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

As to not muddy up another thread with this, I've started a new thread.

Basically, I would love to see some new pilots that allowed factions to use ships from the other, or pilots who've defected to the other side.  Two examples would be:

Soontir Fel in an X-wing

Lambda Class Shuttle Tydirium

Pilots shouldn't have the same skills, that would be boring.  Any others you'd like to see?

#2 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Corran and Tycho in X-wings

Wedge in a Tie Interceptor (as Kettch, the most awesome "pilot" ever, if Kettch was a playable character he would have to be so ridiculously overcosted/underpowered for me to not use him everytime i could)

All of the defecting pilots (Biggs, Janson, Hobbie, Tycho) in Tie fighters (because those like X-wings need more named pilots right?) [Second aside, Janson has some EU reason to as part of Wraith Squadron)

Jendon and Yorr in Defenders would be nice too

Also every Rogue Squadron member who flew in Requiem Squadron (from Isard's Revenge) as Defenders would be so freaking awesome I would almost bench Kettch for them (especially if they let Corran somehow mimic his tractor beam trick in game)

• FuzzyBunny and admiralcrunch like this

#3 doji

doji

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Piggy in an xwing
  • Aridia 97th, Khyros, shadeleader and 1 other like this

#4 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

I agree with gundog, need tycho in a tie/in! 

• admiralcrunch likes this

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#5 DrStranglovin

DrStranglovin

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

Soontir in the transport, game over!
-drops mic-

#6 berusplants

berusplants

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Rebel Shuttle Tydirium 

Since the Lambda Shuttle came out with wave 3 I have been interested in the idea of having a unique shuttle available for the rebel side flown by the pilots who actually flew one in the Return of Jedi. This being in the movie gives it by far the strongest case for being allowed to switch sides. Han and Chewy did fly the shuttle together, but Luke's flight from the DeathStar2 at the end of the movie shows they can be flown alone and we cant really doubt Han&Chewie would be up to the job. To complete the set of 4 I would add a Bothan spy. They found out about the death stars location and someone other than the 3 named pilots stole the shuttle in the first place.

I see the Han, Luke and Chewie retaining their PS and unique pilot ability. Luke's ability perhaps meshes least well with the Lambda due to its single green die but it might have some value. They would also retain their Elite Pilot talent. This is mainly to see if Expert Handling helps the Lambdas movement issues, but I'm sure other EPTs would be interesting with the shuttle without being broken.

This is how I see the Points working out.

• Han Solo PS9 29pts. 2 more than PS8 Kagi due to EPT and better pilot ability.
  • Luke Skywalker PS8 28pts. 1 more than Kagi for EPT
  • Chewbacca PS5 26pts. Same as Jendon, less PS but EPT.
  • Bothan Spy PS3 22pts. One more than OGP, no EPT.

To reiterate, its a unique ship, there was only one stolen in the movie, so you can only field one rebel shuttle in any game. Adding the EPT is a bit of an unknown, none of the Imperials have it and perhaps some of them will make a big difference but other than EH I don't know which ones it would be. Also the pts's are a guess, Han might be underpriced, but I wanna make it playable and I'd love to see it happen.

So what do you think, do you think it would work and would you like to see it?

Edited by berusplants, 15 May 2014 - 06:56 AM.

4 Ties, 1 Advanced, 2 Bombers, 3 Squints (inc Aces), 1 Defender, 1 Phantom, 1 Firespray and a Shuttle.

3Xs, 2Ys 2Bs, 1 A, 1E, 2Z95s, 1 HWK, 1 YT1200 and a Transport.

#7 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

looks legit to me! Makes sense and doesn't seem out of balance. I bet even if they don't release these crossover pilots and ships in the next few years, we will see them sooner or later.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#8 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Your ideas are really good, but I personally don't see the general need to have a rebel shuttle. It's not as if they used it in combat during the movie or used it more than once, they only flew casually towards Endor with it. Why do we need to see it implement into the game and steal a unique ship from the Empire at the same time? In EU, characters steal fighters from the other side, Luke and Wedge just stole Interceptors in the Star Wars comic books about 6 months ago,  should we just allow players to build team with whatever ship they please regardless of faction?

Edit: Edited to point out that it's just my opinion and in no way condescending of the opinion of others.

Edited by Red Castle, 15 May 2014 - 06:47 AM.

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#9 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

No ept on the shuttle. Ever.
  • R2ShihTzu and AdmiralThrawn like this

#10 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

A box set for spies and infiltrators, containing HWK-290 and Lambda

HWK's losing the turret and target lock, gaining bomb and evade, possibly +1 attack

Imperial Infiltrator

HWK-290

PS 2

Garindan (that's the long snoot spy in Mos Eisly in ANH. No ship known in Wookieepedia)

HWK-290

PS4

At the beginning of the combat phase, you may perform a 1 straight maneuver backwards.

Villar

HWK-290

PS5

At the beginning of the combat phase you may choose one enemy ship at range 1. That ship's PS is lowered by 1 (minimum of 0)

Erisi Dlarit

PS7

At the beginning of the end phase, if you have no stress tokens, you may set your maneuver dial and execute that maneuver

And the rebels would be something like:

(Lambda's gaining turret, losing cannon)

Rebel Commando

PS1

Winter

PS3

Your action bar gains the evade action

Lt Page

PS5

After you have declared the target of your attack, you may discard one shield token to roll one extra attack die when using your primary weapon.

Of course, this is rough and off the top of my head, but I would buy this box in an instant. :P.

• LeoHowler likes this

#11 berusplants

berusplants

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

why no EPT on a shuttle?

With R2D6 its now the only ship in the game without access to them

Edited by berusplants, 15 May 2014 - 09:40 AM.

4 Ties, 1 Advanced, 2 Bombers, 3 Squints (inc Aces), 1 Defender, 1 Phantom, 1 Firespray and a Shuttle.

3Xs, 2Ys 2Bs, 1 A, 1E, 2Z95s, 1 HWK, 1 YT1200 and a Transport.

#12 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

I've seen this thread pop up from time to time, and although I do -kinda- like the idea of it in theory it's yet to be seen as something that won't completely break the game, and there are far more examples of Rebel pilots using stolen Imperial equipment than there being Imperials using more uncommon craft, though I could see the X-Wing, Y-Wing and possibly the HWK-290 and the Z-95. That said... the Andrasta~

Andrastaweb.jpg

• berusplants likes this

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 2 Firespray 31

#13 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

New versions of Pilots aren't an issue. Having a ship crossover into the other faction may be a bit of a balance issue.

#14 R2ShihTzu

R2ShihTzu

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

New versions of Pilots aren't an issue. Having a ship crossover into the other faction may be a bit of a balance issue.

Agreed. I don't want to see crossover pilots from one faction to another unless they are specifically a "neutral" pilot (bounty hunter, smuggler, mercenary, etc.) who did fight for both sides and is, in the game, available to both sides. Same pilot in different ships (with a different ability respective to that ship) would be fine.

#15 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

I'm not really sure if I see balance issues with ships crossing over. I definitely wouldn't say EVERY ship have the alternate pilots, but more like the utility ships that have been known to be used by both sides or other certain ships that were stolen and used. Put Luke in an interceptor that he stole, but lower his PS to account for his unfamiliarity with the ship. Give him a different talent. It would definitely add to the depth and customization of the game.

As far as the Lambda not being used in combat by Han and Chewie, when was the last time you saw Imperials v imperials or rebel v rebel, or many other situations that didn't happen in the Movies or in the EU?

#16 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

If ships start being crossed over that hurts the Imperial side because their is more EU examples of Rebels stealing Imperial ships than the other way around so the Rebels gain a lot of ships and the Imperials don't really get anything but the Corvette.

However pilots flying other ships within the same faction however is another story, of course the question becomes do they keep their same abilities or do they get changed by switching ships?  I don't see any of the examples of ones I listed earlier causing major problems, I mean Corran shooting 2x in a X-wing if anything is less scary than him in an E-wing with a FCS (half surprised their isn't a unique droid to allow X-wings and Y-wings systems upgrade access, though that may come if Y-wings get a Aces pack)

#17 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

As far as the Lambda not being used in combat by Han and Chewie, when was the last time you saw Imperials v imperials or rebel v rebel, or many other situations that didn't happen in the Movies or in the EU?

It's not about situations seen or not seen in the movies or the EU, it's about keeping each sides distinct by not giving their ships to the other side. I would not be more pleased if you could take an X-Wing or a YT-1300 in an Imperial build; this could be a bounty hunter flying, not every bounty hunter flew in a Firespray.

The Lambda Shuttle has the privilege of being seen piloted by rebels, so I see why some people might want to include it. But it was only as a transport to infiltrate the planet. That's it. It was not included to be used against the Empire in space battle. So just because they flew a ennemy ship sometime to infitrate a base or to get out alive of another should not be a reason to make them available to the faction. They all use them in training exercise, maybe we should just make them all available. 

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#18 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

It's beensaid before: no reason Firesprays and YT1300s couldn't be used by oth sides with mercs or something in the pilot seat.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS