• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

Hi guys,

Episode 5 of the x-Wing Podcast has been released.

On this episode we talk about Imperial Aces. We give out thoughts on each of the pilots and the Aces squads we have been playing with. We also talk about the new modifications and how we are using them.

Episode 5 is up right now and you can get it on our website - xwingpodcast.com

Or subscribe via iTunes, YouTube or any podcast app using our RSS feed.

I hope you enjoy this episode, It would be great to hear your feedback.
  • Ravncat and Audio Weasel like this

#2 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

Pending Forum Submission

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Thank goodness

You Kids took your sweet time

• Ravncat and Rhinoviru3 like this
I have ships,
Pew Pew Pew

#3 ramy

ramy

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Good episode.  Thanks.

#4 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

It was a while! Sorry. Hope its a good one to make up for it.

Next episode is already recorded too so it won't be late!!!
  • Cubanboy likes this

#5 GlobeTrotting

GlobeTrotting

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Awesome, can't wait to give it a listen--have missed the podcast the past few weeks!

#6 egudmunson

egudmunson

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

Awesome Show Boys

IMP- 13 TIE/F, 2 TIE/A, 8 TIE/I, 6 TIE/B, 3 TIE/D, 3 TIE/P 2 FIRESPRAYS, 3 LAMBDA

REBS- 9 X-WINGS, 6 B-WINGS, 4 A-WINGS, 6 Y-WINGS, 4 HWKS, 2 YT-1300, 5 Z95'S, 3 E-WINGS, 2 GR-75, CR-90

#7 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Thank you.  I'm glad you didn't stop.  Really looking forward to the painting episode.  I'm a newb to miniature gaming so my painting knowledge is nil.  

#8 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

Pending Forum Submission

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

It was a while! Sorry. Hope its a good one to make up for it.Next episode is already recorded too so it won't be late!!!

I enjoyed this show greatly.

Future show idea would be to talk about which ships you like after wave 4 drops. You guys have a good bit of incite and happy birthday a couple days late. If I did not live across the pond I would have brought you a ship for your birthday.
I have ships,
Pew Pew Pew

#9 Imagined Realms

Imagined Realms

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Lol! I note that this podcast *also* discusses a certain type of strategy I'm fond of that might become more popular given the tournament rule changes....one that has also been the subject of a certain infamous thread round these parts!

And no, I'm not the one that posed the question in the podcast, though I note they didn't look upon it negatively.

And that's all I have to say on the matter! :-)

Come visit me at Imagined Realms.

#10 thestggrwng

thestggrwng

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Yay I'm internet famous. It's not rebel swarm, it's Jim Blakley's rebel swarm.

People list all their ships down here and that is ridiculous.  When it comes down to it you need to list accomplishments whether it is tournaments or squad designs.  That said.  Top 8 at Worlds 2013 and creator of THE Rebel Swarm squad "Blakley's Rebel Swarm TM"

#11 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

I like the avoidance strategy. I think it will really mix up the meta and give a rise to more diverse squads. I think there will be a period of dislike while people adjust but soon it will be the norm and just another strategy that you have to build your list to face. On a 3'x3' table there is only so much running away you can do

#12 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

I like the avoidance strategy. I think it will really mix up the meta and give a rise to more diverse squads. I think there will be a period of dislike while people adjust but soon it will be the norm and just another strategy that you have to build your list to face. On a 3'x3' table there is only so much running away you can do

Which is why instead of a full-on avoidance you go for an opportunistic build. You run and dodge arcs etc but still shoot when you have the opportunity.
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 2 TIE/d, 1 TIE/ph, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 E-wing, 2 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#13 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yep, and on the flip side you build a squad that can react to someone who plays that game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS