Which quests are 'impossible' solo?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

To me Rhosgobel is one of the hardest solo.  RTM is really tough but as mentioned a rush deck can do very well solo, as can a Dwarf swarm if you have some cancellation and go very quickly.

#22 Chris51261

Chris51261

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

All the quests are beatable solo - I've beaten every released quest solo. Some are much harder than others, but that just makes victory sweeter when it finally comes.

This includes return to mark wood nightmare???

Yes, Return to Mirkwood Nightmare included. It isn't very pleasant and requires a very specifically built deck, but beating Return to Mirkwood solo always required a fast deck and some luck on your side.

Wow. You are amazing. I don't even think glaurung has beat this quest solo

I'm sure he has, Glaurung is a better player than I am and from what I've read he's gone through the Nightmare scenarios pretty extensively. I had way more trouble with Escape from Dol Guldur and even Journey down the Anduin than I did with Return to Mirkwood in all honesty, it's just a matter of getting the cards you need and a few breaks from the encounter deck. =)

#23 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

So I am the only one who struggles with Steward's Fear solo?

#24 Snowhive

Snowhive

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Dol Guldur can be beaten possibly with the best cards and the best luck, but is it beatable with a minimal card pool... say just a single core set?

The link I posteted above (http://boardgamegeek...only-cards-from) are only cards from one core set. Ok, not 50 cards. I think it was 43 cards. I play around with that deck (and some cards from a second core set). It is strong. I beat all core and Mirkwood quests. Now I play Kazad-dûm and the Darrow Cycle with that Deck.

#25 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

I struggled with stewards fear solo also...strangely enough I won it the 2nd time I tried it, and then it took a very powerful secrecy deck my friend made for me, to win it with any consistency

• DurinIII likes this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#26 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

I got a deck that beats Steward's Fear solo 24/7. I will try it with 3 players this evening, will see how it fairs.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#27 Chris51261

Chris51261

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

So I am the only one who struggles with Steward's Fear solo?

If the plot comes up Unholy Alliance, things always seem to go badly, lol. 

#28 Mich the One

Mich the One

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:26 AM

I found Steward's Fear harder two-handed than solo. A classic Loragorng - Elrond - Spiritfindel deck (with the stargazers, Vilya, the the usual stuff) managed quite consistently in one player games. I think I got 2 wins out of 3 games, and much worse two-handed.

• Glaurung likes this

#29 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

I got a deck that beats Steward's Fear solo 24/7. I will try it with 3 players this evening, will see how it fairs.

Yeah, there are certain decks who can defeat it, but the variety of deck building options is quite limited, epsecially with only one core set. It's not impossible, but very tough, and with some nasty encounters during one of the early turns or "Unholy Alliance" popping up it's not doable (if you don't play Outlands, that is).

#30 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

Outlands are very vulnurable against Stewards Fear because of Zealous Traitor, I think.

#31 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

Outlands are very vulnurable against Stewards Fear because of Zealous Traitor, I think.

Yep

#32 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

I found Steward's Fear harder two-handed than solo. A classic Loragorng - Elrond - Spiritfindel deck (with the stargazers, Vilya, the the usual stuff) managed quite consistently in one player games. I think I got 2 wins out of 3 games, and much worse two-handed.

I know your feeling when you got Local trouble on Elrond (he is highest threat hero) is mean game over. Just Take Eleonor with you she will take it. And you will win.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#33 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

I first beat stewards fear with the hero line up Beregond, Beorn, and Bard. I feel like tactics does best as the quest contains siege and the need to attack heavy.

#34 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

I know your feeling when you got Local trouble on Elrond (he is highest threat hero) is mean game over. Just Take Eleonor with you she will take it. And you will win.

Power of Orthanc would suffice.

Durinlll, Steward's Fear is not a siege quest =O

• ZanzibarLand likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS