Yet another rate my IA list thread...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Yep. Absolutely no threads like this one floating around. [/sarcasm] But, anyway...

I've been flying the Bloody Daggers recently, but I've gotten bored of them. Besides...transport! X-Wings! New shinies!

So as a sort of replacement (with more *elite* pilots), I cooked up this list:

=====================================

The REALLY Bloody Daggers

=====================================

"Hobbie" Klivian (25)

R3-A2 (2)

Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Tarn Mison (23)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)

Total: 100

The idea is to use Hobbie to really screw up someone's day with some double stress, and then K-Turn behind within the next round or two and have one less gun pointing at me. The daggers give off solid damage as always, and Tarn either draws off some fire or bats cleanup; either the enemy focuses on the least valuable ship first, or they have to deal with him end-game. Thoughts? 

#2 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

I like it but if the daggers are going to be ran naked would it be better to go blue's with FCS?

• Breaking The Law and Caadium like this

Rebel Fleet- 6 X-wings, 4 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300, 3 E-wings, 3 Z95, 1 Transport, 1 Corvette.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 4 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

#3 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

I like it but if the daggers are going to be ran naked would it be better to go blue's with FCS?

That's something I've been asking myself. I really do like the PS advantage, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes given the rest of the squad. So..."The Bloody...Blues"? :P

#4 Wraithdt

Wraithdt

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Just one thing to watch out is that Hobbie will take alot of heat. If you're not careful he can go down before he can even fire off a shot. I've been playing a somewhat similar list so this has happened to me before. I had to take one of my opponent's advice and add Biggs in there for protection. Of course doing so means dropping one of blue pilot with fcs for a rookie pilot.

#5 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Just one thing to watch out is that Hobbie will take alot of heat. If you're not careful he can go down before he can even fire off a shot. I've been playing a somewhat similar list so this has happened to me before. I had to take one of my opponent's advice and add Biggs in there for protection. Of course doing so means dropping one of blue pilot with fcs for a rookie pilot.

Hmmm...I suppose I could see 

Hobbie + R3-A2

Biggs

Tarn

Blue + FCS (or Dagger)

Comes out to 99 points--maybe throw an R2 or R5 on Tarn for good measure. Or, perhaps, drop the FCS on the Blue and make it AdvS, but I can't see that being very useful on a PS2 ship.

I could even see switching the Blue out for something else at this point; maybe a Red Squad with R2-D6 and VI? PS 6, 5, and 5 is nothing to laugh at.

Edit: ...and, success! I've been able to deviate completely from the original concept! :P Not complaining, of course, if it means a better squad :) 

Edited by Ailowynn, 15 May 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#6 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Comes out to 99 points--maybe throw an R2 or R5 on Tarn for good measure. Or, perhaps, drop the FCS on the Blue and make it AdvS, but I can't see that being very useful on a PS2 ship.

One of the big benefits of the AdvS on a ship with barrel roll regardless of PS is you can roll before you move so you can park yourself behind an asteroid for the extra die then instead of flying through it (like any other ships in that scenario) you can roll to the side then move and get the best of both worlds

#7 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

One of the big benefits of the AdvS on a ship with barrel roll regardless of PS is you can roll before you move so you can park yourself behind an asteroid for the extra die then instead of flying through it (like any other ships in that scenario) you can roll to the side then move and get the best of both worlds

That is nice, but, in my mind, not worth the three points. First off, when you do the barrel roll, unless you can get RIGHT behind that rock, you can't be certain that you'll be blocking shots; secondly , because you're behind an asteroid, all of your opponents also take an extra green die; and third, because in many cases a Focus will be better for defense than that extra green die. Again, it isn't bad, but I don't like it very much on a low-PS ship.

#8 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

That's something I've been asking myself. I really do like the PS advantage, but I'm not sure how much sense it makes given the rest of the squad. So..."The Bloody...Blues"? :P

Reds and Blues, call it the Blood Gulch squad

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 7 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender, 2 Decimator

On Pre-order: 2 IG-2000, 4 Starviper, 4 Scik Interceptor, 2 Most Wanted

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS