Paging Glaurung to the Purple Courtesy Phone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Could you please post your best dwarf deck? Believe it or not I've never played Dain and I want to see just how OP'ed he is.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Believe it or not I've never played Dain 

Wow!  We should cook up a list of achievements for this game.  This has got to be near the top. Play him once and you can't ever say that again!

#3 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

If you go thru his YouTube channel he'll occasionally go thru thr deck list prior to the quest. Commonly when it's the first time he's using something

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#4 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

He updated his list with Balin and said it's his best ever. I don't believe he posted that one.

I haven't played Outlands either, but I don't think I'm alone there. And I did play dwarves for The Hobbit quests, just not Dain.

Edited by Bullroarer Took, 14 May 2014 - 11:21 PM.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

hmm actually there is many variations of the dwarfs decks with Dain. Really good one is Dain Thorin Ori. But you can change Thorin for Balin in dome quest when you need less starting threat and many shadow effect coming.

deck list I must to find. I not at home writing from my phone now. will post later.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#6 Demoncow

Demoncow

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

I've never used Dain either.
Demoncow: He who has become a marauder.

#7 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

I've never used Dain, any other dwarves or outlands... =\

#8 tacomen253

tacomen253

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Since I used Dain I have had a hard time getting him out of my deck haha. I am playing through the Khazad Dum expansion and the Dwarrowdelf AP's where dwarfs are pretty handy though.

#9 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Yea... only played with one dwarf deck and it didn't contain Dain (or all that many dwarf allies for that matter). My friend built it and I played with it when I was first learning the game. When I started out, I played 2-handed with Legolas/Beregond/Imrahil and Frodo/Glorfindel(S)/Elrond decks and got through the first two cycles + Massing at Osgiliath. After that I've just been experimenting with a bunch of synergies and themes... none of which have worked out nearly as well as those first two decks.

I might never play a Dain dwarf deck... we'll see.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#10 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

I've never used Dain either. My girlfriend uses Gloin/Gimli/Bifur for her dwarf deck - works extremely well as it is. If you swap Gloin you lose resources, if you swap Gimli you lose Tactics and some serious damage, and if you swap Bifur you lose healing.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS