Sp00n

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

2 omicrons EU, 2 tacticians each

Whisper ACD, Decoy, FCS

=98

EDIT had two EPT's

Drop Decoy and FCS. Add Ion Cannons to the Lambdas. Fire at Range 2 for 2 stress and an Ion to whatever you attack. Then Whisper can chew on their tail with impunity.

Drop one tactician, add VI to Whisper and you're at 99

#42 Red G

Red G

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

That is the perfect art for Decoy! That is the cover of X-Wing: Solo Command, showing the fake Falcon called Millennium Falsehood.

That said, Decoy looks worthless - Swarm tactics seems superior in nearly all cases. I guess somebody with critical hit powers would enjoy firing later. Still, just use Swarm tactics and attack with the other ship first. At least it works up to range 2.

I like Tactician. Tactician + Gunner (on a non-Falcon) is going to be a good combo. Tactician on Kath is especially good.

#43 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Best use for Decoy is on Jan, She is PS8 is usually equipped with an ion turret. Her firing first means they get to use there defenses to negate the ion. This will boost a damage dealing ship to PS8 and allow her ion to get through easier,

• Sithborg and ObiWonka like this

Rebel Fleet- 6 X-wings, 4 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300, 3 E-wings, 3 Z95, 1 Transport, 1 Corvette.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 4 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

#44 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

I agree that the Tactician would have been better as imp only. The art is very imp, and the rebels got a really good stress dealing exclusive card.

• AdmiralThrawn likes this

#45 period3

period3

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Sorry what are these cards?  Are they official?  What ship are they included with?

#46 XAQT78

XAQT78

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

1. May = Choose
  2. Range 2

Similar yes, but has more flexibility

Moving to New Hampshire this week, can't wait to start collecting & battling!

Prequel Consistencies and Contradictions

#47 cody campbell

cody campbell

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Sorry what are these cards?  Are they official?  What ship are they included with?

+1....what is this from? 

I'd definitely use Decoy quite a bit.  I've been trying to fit Opportunist into a lot of builds, but it doesn't work so well on high PS pilots.  Decoy allows you to be a bit more flexible with it. 

• JFunk likes this

#48 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

Decoy comes with the Z95. Tactician comes with the TIE Phantom. You can see them  in the card fans from the news releases from ffg.

#49 XAQT78

XAQT78

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

another post reference z95/phantom

#50 hecabomb

hecabomb

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Imagine a rebel build with an R3-A2 and a B-wing with Tactician crew.

Easy double stress a turn.
  • LeoHowler likes this

#51 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Decoy is the unspoiled card from the Z-95. Tactician is from the TIE Phantom. I'm guessing someone got their Imdar Alpha kits early and busted them open.

And Decoy is far, far, far from useless. It has some very interesting tactical possibilities, and can screw up your opponent's threat assessment. Although, Swarm Tactics has been errata'd to optional.

#52 XAQT78

XAQT78

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

Decoy + Squad Leader ?

#53 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Decoy + Squad Leader ?

Decoy is combat phase, so still can't use squad leader to advance sensor someone else. Disappoint.

#54 Darth evil

Darth evil

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

So the Rebels can have a Droid and a crew which give out stress, without even hitting anything, great!

Empire ship: Tie Fighter x7, Tie Interceptor x6, Tie Advanced,Tie Bombers x4,Lambda Shuttle x2 ,Firespray,Tie Phantom,Tie Defender

Rebel Ships:X-wing x4,B-wing x3,Y-wing x2, A-wing x2, YT-1300,E-wing x1

#55 Red G

Red G

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

• May = Choose
  • Range 2
Similar yes, but has more flexibility
Swarm Tactics has been updated to be a choice rather than mandatory as per the latest FAQ.

Range 2 is a biggie, though.

#56 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

Tactician is cleverly worded so that the Falcon only gets the bonus in the front 90 degrees, which is a relief. The firespray, on the other hand, counts both front and rear arcs. Very nice. I think it's cool that the firespray's fire arc get at least some tiny advantage over a 360 degree turret.

Are you sure?... Thought firespray has a dotted rear arc indicating similar rules as yt arc.

#57 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

I can see Decoy adding another way to successfully activate Opportunist on a high PS Pilot.  Maybe a B-wing ace with an HLC to do some damage or strip a token, followed by Wedge doing what Wedge does, buffed by Opportunist.

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#58 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

I can see Decoy adding another way to successfully activate Opportunist on a high PS Pilot.  Maybe a B-wing ace with an HLC to do some damage or strip a token, followed by Wedge doing what Wedge does, buffed by Opportunist.

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#59 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,089 posts

Tactician is cleverly worded so that the Falcon only gets the bonus in the front 90 degrees, which is a relief. The firespray, on the other hand, counts both front and rear arcs. Very nice. I think it's cool that the firespray's fire arc get at least some tiny advantage over a 360 degree turret.

Are you sure?... Thought firespray has a dotted rear arc indicating similar rules as yt arc.
No, the two are very different. The best reference is how they relate to backstabber.

#60 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Nope. The Falcon can fire outside it's firing arc with it's primary weapon. The Firespray has an additional firing arc. It's why Backstabber works better against the Falcon than the Firespray. If it said primary firing arc, then that would be different.

• jasonkw and LeoHowler like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS