• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

It does seem in between the X-Wing and A-Wing dials like they said, but it's closer to the X-Wing's dial than the A-Wing's which might be disappointing for some people.

Well, if we start from the X wing dial, it has a 5 straight, and 3k that the X wing does not.  As for greens, the 1 banks move to 2 banks, and it gets a 3 straight as well.

If we start from the A wing dial, it has a 1 straight and switches the 1 turn for 1 bank.  As for the greens, it does not have the 2 turns. Furthermore, it trades the 4/5 straight greens for  the additional 1 straight.  

I'd agree that if I had to say it was closer to one of them, I would say the X, but it's not particularly far from the A.  I suppose how much you use the 5 straight will determine how different from the A the dial feels.  The fact that it has a BR instead of Boost (or nothing in the case of the X) will make it feel much more unique than the dial presents itself to be.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#42 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Ultimately, it avoids being "The A-Wing but better", which I approve of. It's good but not overwhelming by itself, but it's real talent is the combinations you can play with both system and astromech slots.

It'll be even scarier if the elite squadron has an elite pilot talent slot....

#43 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

Ultimately, it avoids being "The A-Wing but better", which I approve of. It's good but not overwhelming by itself, but it's real talent is the combinations you can play with both system and astromech slots.

It'll be even scarier if the elite squadron has an elite pilot talent slot....

It does not.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#44 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Which kinda sucks, but Roark + swarm tactics makes EPTs on generic Rebels seems a little to strong. I'm sure there are other combos that would make it too powerful to give the Rebels a bunch of cheap EPT slots on ships with good guns. R2 D6 seems like the best solution as it lets more ships get EPTs without having multiple cheap EPT Rebels.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS