• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

Dang, I was really hoping for a green hard 2. Still not bad and it still has plenty of green. Throw on some advanced sensors and get good with barrel roll and you may just have a meaner B-Wing. Awesome.

You can get the green 2 turn with a simple 1 point R2 astromech, if it's important to you.
Be seeing you.

#22 SpaceDingo

SpaceDingo

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Dang, I was really hoping for a green hard 2. Still not bad and it still has plenty of green. Throw on some advanced sensors and get good with barrel roll and you may just have a meaner B-Wing. Awesome.

You can get the green 2 turn with a simple 1 point R2 astromech, if it's important to you.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't mean I can't. I WANT ALL THE GREENS!!!!

• AdmiralThrawn likes this

#23 McBain

McBain

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

Not having a green 2 turn or any 1 turn is a shame but understandable as it would make it a powerhouse. The lack of green bank 1 is disappointing.
I suppose you can't have everything though.

For 1 point R2 Astromech will solve that problem for you. The only downside is that it uses up a droid slot but its not a significant loss since the E-wing also has enough upgrade slots to make it a beast.

A good point - I suppose I should have stated I had plans for other things than the R2 Astro in that spot! Can't have my cake and eat it though!

#24 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

I found this picturee floating around the internet

262muyg.jpg

If this dial is accurate, it will be the first ship in the game with all 5 forwards.
For that matter, the only maneuver it lacks in its entire dial is a 1 turn.

#25 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

So, Blackmoon Squadron Pilot. Is that information we already knew?

FFG über alles!

#26 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

Not bad. A bit anticlimactic.

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#27 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

Not bad. A bit anticlimactic.

Just like the rebels themselves.
  • executor likes this
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 2 TIE/d, 1 TIE/ph, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 E-wing, 2 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#28 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

that forward 1 / bank 1 + R2 astromech + PTL into boost / roll is going to be a real killer in dogfights

#29 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

So, Blackmoon Squadron Pilot. Is that information we already knew?

Yes, not that it really matters since it is only the name of a generic pilot, estimated PS3 29pts base no EPT I believe

#30 Malmer

Malmer

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:37 AM

Yup, this is originally from a post on NOVA Squadron's facebook page.  One of their local store TOs opened the Imdar Alpha stuff and posted it.  Same with the Tactician and Decoy spoilers.

I can't seem to find this post. Is it not this Facebook page? I also skimmed the Tactician and Decoy thread for a source to no avail.

I would love confirmation, by having a source, that this is real.

#31 RealShinigami

RealShinigami

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

I tought the PS3 generic was a Bloodmoon pilot? Not a Blackmoon pilot?

#32 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

Yup, this is originally from a post on NOVA Squadron's facebook page.  One of their local store TOs opened the Imdar Alpha stuff and posted it.  Same with the Tactician and Decoy spoilers.

I can't seem to find this post. Is it not this Facebook page? I also skimmed the Tactician and Decoy thread for a source to no avail.

My guess is the source is real, but they won't say who it was because speculation is they prematurely opened (and then leaked) the contents of their Imdar Alpha tournament kits, and if FFG could track down the leaking store would not allow them to host such an event in the future

• Malmer likes this

#33 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

I actually like this dial. Having 2 Koiograns -and- a 1-5 forward is good in my books. Since I usually fly A-Wings often, this can keep up with them without much difficulty... I really like it. :3

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, , 3 Z-95's, 2 E-Wings, 1 GR-75

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31, 1 TIE Defender

Black Sun Private Fleet: Coming soon~

#34 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

I'm pleased with this dial. Very good one, but it doesn't steal the show from other rebel ships.

My fear was that they gave it too many greens, it would have been a real pain with R2D2. 

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#35 Jehan Menasis

Jehan Menasis

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

Pretty solid dial, which finally settles the E-Wing as a well rounded and effective ship.

Actually, I like this dial much more than the defender's one.

#36 Darth_Malus

Darth_Malus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

My guess is the source is real, but they won't say who it was because speculation is they prematurely opened (and then leaked) the contents of their Imdar Alpha tournament kits, and if FFG could track down the leaking store would not allow them to host such an event in the future

I think it may have already happened as the original posts have been taken down.  

• Malmer likes this

#37 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Seems a nice dial to me, thanks to the OP to post this.

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#38 Rekkon

Rekkon

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

I tought the PS3 generic was a Bloodmoon pilot? Not a Blackmoon pilot?

It was never Bloodmoon.  One of the squad editors got it wrong and propogated bad information.  Blackmoon Squadron was clearly established in the EU.

• RealShinigami likes this

#39 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Rebels finally  gets something able to keep up with A-wing, for massed flank attacks. After Rebel aces and cheaper A-wings it will be force to be reconned with

#40 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:56 AM

It does seem in between the X-Wing and A-Wing dials like they said, but it's closer to the X-Wing's dial than the A-Wing's which might be disappointing for some people.

• Malmer likes this

REBEL: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL: 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber, 2 Defenders, 3 Fighters, 3 Interceptors, 1 Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Shuttle

SCUM: TBD

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS