Statblock for Jodo Kast & IG-72

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'm a long time WEG d6 GM getting ready to switch my group over to Edge of the Empire. I'm planning to run through the beginner's game, Beyond the Rim, and the Jewel of Yavin. Following these published adventures I'll be running an adaption of the classic WEG module "Tatooine Manhunt". As I'm a bit new at this system I'd love some suggestions or an outright statblock on Jodo Kast and IG-72 from the adventure.

Jodo Kast will be a reoccurring villain in my campaign so I figure he should be a nemesis level villain. I'm impartial on IG-72 being rival or nemesis. What do you think?

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#2 kryss

kryss

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

you could use the assassin droid from the CRB for IG-72.  nice and easy for him.  Jodo Kast you could use the Master Bounty Hunter from the same section of the CRB.  

#3 LibrariaNPC

LibrariaNPC

• Members
  • 819 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'm a long time WEG d6 GM getting ready to switch my group over to Edge of the Empire. I'm planning to run through the beginner's game, Beyond the Rim, and the Jewel of Yavin. Following these published adventures I'll be running an adaption of the classic WEG module "Tatooine Manhunt". As I'm a bit new at this system I'd love some suggestions or an outright statblock on Jodo Kast and IG-72 from the adventure.

Jodo Kast will be a reoccurring villain in my campaign so I figure he should be a nemesis level villain. I'm impartial on IG-72 being rival or nemesis. What do you think?

Such a fun choice of adventure. A bit crazy and daunting, but fun all the same.

Honestly, if you want the lazy way, kryss has you off to a good start.

If you're willing to do some work, though, you can do a reimaging of the characters. The stats are pretty easy to transfer (some are exactly as-is, while others may need to be halved), and skills are also pretty simple.

The biggest challenge is Talents, but since he's an NPC, you can give him whatever talents you desire. If he's a mainstay and recurring villain, I'd suggest giving him a few ranks of Adversary. Since he wears that armor, I'd look at the Gadgeteer tree and pick and choose from that. Then it's just filling things out.

I'm lacking time at the moment to stat him out entirely, but for a few key points:

Stats: Brawn 2 (could be 3), Agility 3 (arguably 4), Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2

Skills: Ranged (Heavy) 3, Ranged (Light) 2, Perception 3, Knowledge (Xenology) 1. 

Talents: Adversary, Armor Master.

This makes him close to a starting character but not too horribly deadly. You can make him better skilled and use the higher stats, but he doesn't come off as skilled as some other hunters.

"Smilies exist because no one's bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic

LibrariaNPC's Starship Yard (Fighters and Freighter chapters as PDFs!)

#4 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'm of the mind that any named individuals in either the films or EU should be built as a Nemesis-level NPCs, if for no other reason to put them on a minimum of equal footing with the PCs.  Jodo Kast is a Fett poser, but is still reasonably competent. You could conceivably convert his stats from WEG d6 if you like. Just compare him to the stat block of an average starting character and tailor his abilities to that. Same goes for IG-72.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

Official Contributor: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target; Edge of the Empire: Fly Casual

#5 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

Here's what I came up with doe Jodo Kast:

Nemesis NPC

Human Bounty Hunter (Gadgeteer) - Brawn 3, Agility 3, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2, Presence 2

Wound Threshold: 15, Strain Threshold: 12, Defense Ranged 1/Melee 1 (Hvy Battle Armor), Soak 6 (Hvy Battle Armor)

Skills: Brawl 1, Cool 1, Discipline 1, Mechanics 1, Melee 2, Perception 1, Pilot (Planet) 1, Pilot (Space) 1, Ranged-Heavy 1, Ranged-Light 3, Streetwise 1, Vigilance 1

Talents: Toughened, Intimidating, Jury Rigged, Armor Master

Any thoughts?

#6 kryss

kryss

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

I think that'd be a nice challenge for your players.  I would throw in the Adversary talent.  I'd give it 2 personally, but at least 1 will do.  That way he's always a little harder to shoot.  Then as time goes on and he repeatedly appears, you can up his Adversary level to meet the challenge of your PC's.  

Edited by kryss, 15 May 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#7 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the tip on Adversary. I looked it up and it should be quite useful to keep him challenging.

#8 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

I just created him, look at post #14

http://community.fan...-custom-droids/

• Midnight_X2 likes this

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#9 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the statblock FootNote, looks pretty cool. Do you think this is too powerful for a group that will have just a few adventures under their belt? I'm guessing they'll have about 8-9 sessions at 15 XP each to their credit by the time they get to the encounter with IG-72 in "Tatooine Manhunt".

I think I'll use him the way you set him up but I may have to include some environmental circumstances to give the PC an assist (if they're smart enough to use them).

Thanks again for the stats!

#10 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Honestly, I am going with a blend of the assassin droid from the CRB, a what I read about IG-72. To be honest I have only been playing sense December, and its Play by post, which is a lot slower as far as XP goes. I honestly have no idea how well your team will do against him. It really depends on their gear and how they use the environment. If it was me I would try and surround him and get close enough to make that sniper rifle too big in close quarters.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#11 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Sorry to necro this thread but I have another question towards setting up "Tatooine Manhunt" as part of my group's upcoming campaign.

How would you stat Jodo Kast's sennari laced poison rocket darts? None of the poisons from page 172 of the CRB seem deadly enough. Keep in mind that at the opening of the adventure he takes an NPC out in one shot with this stuff.

I want something that won't kill a PC outright (maybe some Resilience checks) but would present a significantly fearful event if a PC gets hit by one. I hope I'm describing this right here. I need a poison that's tough, scary even, but that a player has a good chance to survive.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS