Need some help with finishing my list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Ok so I have 2 events coming up and right now my list is at 98 points and idk how I should finish it or if I should leave it as is.

Garven-r2d2-flechette torps-32 points
Dutch-R5p9-ion turret-flechette-flechette-35 points
Kyle-moldy crow-blaster turret-recon spec-31 points.

So I'm wondering if I shouls put an ept on Kyle maybe determination or expert handling for barre rolling shenanigans. I could upgrade someone to APT's or proton torps. Any ideas?

Rebel Fleet- 6 X-wings, 4 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300, 3 E-wings, 3 Z95, 1 Transport, 1 Corvette.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 4 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

#2 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

With that Moldy Crow full of tokens, it WOULD be pretty awesome to barrel roll that Hawk out of arcs or into range 2.
  • AtomicFryingPan likes this

#3 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

I would say drop the flech torps on the y-wing, having competing secondary weapons can be a problem (at least one of them, y-wings aren't very maneuverable, they are meant to more float around and take pot-shots with a turret.  You won't often have your target in your firing arc to target them after the first attack).  So if you drop 1 of the torps off of the y-wing, I say maybe give garven a shield upgrade to get good use out of r2d2?

• polmoneys and AtomicFryingPan like this

#4 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Barrel rolling the Hwk would be pretty funny and unexpected lol. Good point on the Y-wing's ordinance. Who would you guys target first in this list?

Rebel Fleet- 6 X-wings, 4 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300, 3 E-wings, 3 Z95, 1 Transport, 1 Corvette.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 4 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

#5 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Actually I would say they are all equal targets - which is pretty good, no obvious crutch to the list.  I would probably lean towards Kyle because turrets are annoying to fight against, the HWK is probably easiest to bring down (5 HP, mostly hull) and has a great support ability.  If on my first attack he wasn't as good a choice, I would go after whoever I have the better shots on.

• AtomicFryingPan likes this

#6 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

Ok so if I drop the two Flechette torps that brings me to 94 points, I could shield garven and put determination on kyle and go for a 99 pt bid.

#7 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Another question, thinking about dropping the crow title, r5p9 on dutch to go with r3a2 to set up more stress-ion shots with him, granted y-wings suck at shedding stress so that may be a problem. Alternatively I could give Garven r3a2, drop the flechette torps, and give everyone a shield upgrade and be at 99 points. I also could switch the shields with hulls and have 96 points giving me 4 more points to play around with, maybe giving kyle his crow title back and determination. Any glaring weaknesses out of this other than being a 3 ship build and being a little predictable with the stress shedding?

Feel free to give any other ideas for these 3 ships.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS