Question about Imperial Aces...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mud Turkey 13

Mud Turkey 13

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

I will start off by saying that I have not actually purchased anything or even played this game yet, but I plan on making some purchases soon. 

My question is this: With one set of Imperial Aces could I use both Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos?  Basically, their card art illustrates them both in the red TIEs, so would they each have to be represented on the table by red TIEs therefore requiring me to have two of the Imperial Aces sets to use them both simultaneously?  I am not even sure if I would ever run into this problem when building a list, but it was just a curiosity that I had.  The same could be said if I wanted to use two Royal Guard Pilots.  The main reason I question it is because all of them just list "TIE Interceptor" as their ship and not specifically "Red TIE Interceptor" or anything like that.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

#2 dvor

dvor

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Forget about the paint job. Use the models as whatever interceptor pilot you want.

• dojimaster and Cubanboy like this

X-wing is played over a series of game rounds. Turn is a type of maneuver.

#3 winterdyne

winterdyne

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yes, you can use them both. It's the card base that's important, not so much the paint job of the model.

#4 Mud Turkey 13

Mud Turkey 13

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Wonderful.  Thank you!

#5 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Isn't one of the named pilots on the back of another one for imp aces?  Weren't people really upset about that?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#6 Galactic Funk

Galactic Funk

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Isn't one of the named pilots on the back of another one for imp aces?  Weren't people really upset about that?

Nope. Royal Guard is on the back of both. Just checked.

#7 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

And the other two uniques?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#8 Danthrax

Danthrax

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

And the other two uniques?

Probably on the backs of Saber Squadron Pilots.

#9 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Not probably.  The unique pilots are all on their own cards (four pilot bases total).  If you have one Imperial Aces pack and two TIE Interceptor packs you can use all four unique named pilots in the Imperial Aces pack.  On the back sides of the four cards are two Royal Guard and two Saber Squadron pilots.  (Kir and Jax have RG, Lorrir and Cowall have Saber).

If people were upset, they were getting upset based on inaccurate information.

#10 Danthrax

Danthrax

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I only said probably because I didn't have it in front of me. =P

People are upset because they can't, say, fly Kir Kanos and two Royal Guard Pilots at the same time (using a regular-paint TIE Interceptor for the third ship). I think it's a reasonable complaint. If you want to fly Kir Kanos and two Royal Guards, you have to buy a second Imperial Aces set, even if you have other TIE Interceptor models.

#11 Radzap

Radzap

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

No. I strictly enforce WYSIWYG at all of my games!! No exceptions!! (totally kidding here, stick a concord grape on the end of the peg  for all I care). It's basically a Two-D game so as long as you are using the appropriate sized base you can proxy the ship with anything you want. Even fruit!!

• DrStranglovin likes this

Imperial Ships:  5 Tie Fighters -- 5 Tie Interceptors -- 1 Tie Advanced -- 1 Tie Bomber -- 1 Firespray-31 -- 1 Lamba-Class Shuttle

Rebel Scum: 3 X-Wing Fighters -- 1 Y-Wing Fighter -- 1 B-Wing Fighter -- 1 A-Wing Fighter -- HWK-290 -- 1 YT-1300

#12 Sanchez

Sanchez

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Wonderful.  Thank you!

Repainting a regular TIE Interceptor red is very, very, very easy if you want to play two Royal Guards.
  • dojimaster and berusplants like this

#13 berusplants

berusplants

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'd like to add, the Red Squint is about the most awesome looking ship out there. 

Will be repainting my normal squint too. 

Edited by berusplants, 14 May 2014 - 03:32 PM.

4 Ties, 1 Advanced, 2 Bombers, 3 Squints (inc Aces), 2 Defenders, 1 Phantom, 1 Firespray and a Shuttle.

3Xs, 2Ys 2Bs, 1 A, 1E, 2Z95s, 1 HWK, 1 YT1200 and a Transport.

#14 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'd like to add, the Red Squint is about the most awesome looking ship out there. 

Will be repainting my normal squint too. 

+1

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#15 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

To me the "complaint" about Aces is that you can't run Kir or Jax and two RGP.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS