Peter Cushing and his Miniatures

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Awesome! I managed a store in Seattle a while back, and he came in for a meet and greet at one point. Sadly, I wasn't there, but folks said he was really personable.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 6 A-Wing, 6 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#22 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Brian May, guitarist with Queen was into collecting GW figures as well. I remember seeing an article showing him painting some. It mentions in the video about HG Wells' book. He was an avid gamer also. There's been a few famous gamers over the years. 

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

#23 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

• oddeye, swimmingordy, Digitalkiller and 4 others like this

FFG über alles!

#24 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

Somewhere in the great beyond Peter Cushing - Governor Tarkin himself - has to be watching us play X-Wing Miniatures while cracking a cosmic smile of appreciation :)

i knew i recognized his face, but i couldn't put my finger on it.. thanks!

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#25 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Somewhere in the great beyond Peter Cushing - Governor Tarkin himself - has to be watching us play X-Wing Miniatures while cracking a cosmic smile of appreciation :)

Ummm…

Perhaps you should be playing Attack Wing.... ;-)

• Wookie Hunter likes this
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 2 TIE/d, 1 TIE/ph, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 E-wing, 2 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#26 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Ummm…

Perhaps you should be playing Attack Wing.... ;-)

http://en.wikipedia....and_Moff_Tarkin

Put a sock in it!

"Grand Moff Tarkin, real name Wilhuff Tarkin and also known as Governor Tarkin, is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe, portrayed by Peter Cushing and Wayne Pygram and voiced by Stephen Stanton.

The character has been called "one of the most formidable villains in Star Wars history".[1]"

Edited by executor, 14 May 2014 - 11:35 PM.

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#27 ElJeffe313

ElJeffe313

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

I vote we redefine "Fly Casual!" to the following: "Play solemnly, conscientiously and most soberly like distinguished people."

• Norsehound, SierraKiloBravo, Scurvy Lobster and 1 other like this

#28 Old Guy

Old Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

For boys and intelligent girls... So sexist.

Put a smile on your face and just enjoy it, the past was a different world and you'll never change it.

• Damoel and DoubleNot7 like this

#29 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

And for that time period, even that much may be considered fairly outspoken.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 6 A-Wing, 6 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#30 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

I vote we redefine "Fly Casual!" to the following: "Play solemnly, conscientiously and most soberly like distinguished people."

Nah, that's another class of gamers entirely. Ones with assured victory and no boasting :P

I wonder what Cushing would have thought of us playing our X-Wing miniatures games. We're a little more organized than those old toy soldier games, but we have a lot of care for our hobby. Wonder what sitting him down and teaching the particulars of our game would have been like at his height of gaming.

#31 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

His level of gaming is far greater than "X Wing".... He painted his own models, he researched actual battles and history.  We poke bits of cardboard out and play with pre-painted models in a fictional setting where people claim to be experts on things and events that never happened. ;) 

The key ingredient is that we all enjoy the recreation of "what if" scenarios and playing these out with actual 3D representations rather than staring blankly at a view screen. 

• DoubleNot7, oddeye, swimmingordy and 1 other like this

Nerfherder in Training

#32 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

His level of gaming is far greater than "X Wing".... He painted his own models, he researched actual battles and history.  We poke bits of cardboard out and play with pre-painted models in a fictional setting where people claim to be experts on things and events that never happened. ;)

The key ingredient is that we all enjoy the recreation of "what if" scenarios and playing these out with actual 3D representations rather than staring blankly at a view screen. 

very true.. Though I doubt even Peter could resist the temptation of the dark side!

On a more serious note, many here also play other games where we do actually paint, construct miniatures, and even come up with our own units history, paint schemes and regalia. I even made my own table top zombie war game "BioSyndrome". We all just like moving around troops and trying to best our friends. Just like they said in the movie, it's chess just a bit more strategic.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#33 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

I play various historicals also.  Now I do like my history.  However, for a daunting task try playing with others who are historical authors, researchers, professors, dealers of military antiquities, etc...  Nothing like finding out your extensive knowledge of military history is inadequate. LOL

Enimo Et Fide

#34 ElJeffe313

ElJeffe313

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

We poke bits of cardboard out and play with pre-painted models in a fictional setting where people claim to be experts on things and events that never happened. ;)

Oh, but they did happen. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

#35 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Come on people, keep on liking the OP. This thread needs to get the yellow star of popularity!
  • KnightShift and J43G3RM31ST3R like this
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 2 TIE/d, 1 TIE/ph, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 E-wing, 2 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS