• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Roark + R3-A2 should counter ACD... muwhahaha!  And then they can't decloak to do fancy shenanigans even if they manage to live through the round.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#22 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Fighting a phantom seems to be different depending on pilot skill. Assuming lower pilot skill, Getting movement in the combat phase could be good. (Hello Airen cracken w ptl and engine.... And any other ship with r7t1 or roll, boost or daredevil.

Another technique will be spreading out arcs, though this will be dependent on what else is on the board

#23 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

you can still use the stealth modification on the phantom to give it 5 defense dice right?

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

#24 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

you can still use the stealth modification on the phantom to give it 5 defense dice right?

While it's cloaked. Yeah, you could. But in all likelihood, the modification slot will be better occupied by an advanced clak or particle accelerator.

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#25 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Sure can. At range 3 that would be 6 green dice while cloaked. 

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#26 Breaking The Law

Breaking The Law

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

If they can't recloak you are they should die fast.

I disagree, kind of. I think with coaking, you should use it for a really solid joust. try and position yourself at range 3, where your 4 attack and 5 defense dice mean you have a huge advantage, and then start doing weird maneuvers. I see no reason a 3 phantom list couldnt drop say, 2 xwings for 1 phantom on the joust.

#27 Popn618

Popn618

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

100 points

Pilots
------

"Whisper" (37)
TIE Phantom (32), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

"Echo" (37)
TIE Phantom (30), Push the Limit (3), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Gamma Squadron Pilot (26)
TIE Bomber (18), Flechette Torpedo (2), Cluster Missiles (4), Seismic Charges (2)

“It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters.”

#28 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

Even uncloaked you're looking at one hull off of X-wing stats.

#29 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

YT-1300 with Gunner.

You're screwed if they took Outmaneuver though. I can see Echo with Sensor Jammers and Outmaneuver being very dangerous to any YT.

#30 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

YT-1300 with Gunner.

Chewie for Imdaar!

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#31 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Another way of looking at it is (defensively) a Z-95 Headhunter--aka one of the cheapest ships in the game. And that extra hull makes a big difference. A three-attack ship at range one will throw out four attack dice, which, on a perfect roll (which isn't so unlikely that it couldn't happen) could, conceivably, one-shot your thirty-point ship. Sure, it isn't exactly likely, but with four total HP, you lack the assurance of durability. You should survive a while, but there's no way to know that you will.

#32 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Another way of looking at it is (defensively) a Z-95 Headhunter--aka one of the cheapest ships in the game. And that extra hull makes a big difference. A three-attack ship at range one will throw out four attack dice, which, on a perfect roll (which isn't so unlikely that it couldn't happen) could, conceivably, one-shot your thirty-point ship. Sure, it isn't exactly likely, but with four total HP, you lack the assurance of durability. You should survive a while, but there's no way to know that you will.

That's one of the reasons i'm really tempted to take Sensor Jammers, even though it's 4 points on an already expensive ship.

#33 Ailowynn

Ailowynn

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

That's one of the reasons i'm really tempted to take Sensor Jammers, even though it's 4 points on an already expensive ship.

Worth every penny. If you're gonna buy something expensive, it never hurts to have insurance.

Especially if you know that that something is going to be shot at a lot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS