Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG Actual Play: Episode 1 - Attack of the Moans

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 St Bede

St Bede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

For your passing amusement the C.U. Next Tuesday gaming group brings you our pitiable attempt at FFG's masterful Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG

Contains sweary words, and an irreverent tone....no sandwiches were harmed in the making of this actual play report, you have been warned.

http://amoebaarenaof...rpg-actual.html

• DoctorWhat likes this

#2 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

For your passing amusement the C.U. Next Tuesday gaming group brings you our pitiable attempt at FFG's masterful Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG

Contains sweary words, and an irreverent tone....

Really? How, um... not surprising.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#3 ddbrown30

ddbrown30

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Is the droid's name actually, "To be or not to be?"

• kaosoe likes this

#4 St Bede

St Bede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Yeah afraid so...this is what happens when you don't say no to your players.

#5 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Love the droid's name.

But are you sure this was EotE?  Hit points, Acrobatics, -3 saves, levels...sounds more like D20, or maybe this is a "transition period"...  :)

#6 St Bede

St Bede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Love the droid's name.

But are you sure this was EotE?  Hit points, Acrobatics, -3 saves, levels...sounds more like D20, or maybe this is a "transition period"...   :)

I will have to beat the D&D out of the player who does our write ups, he has a flair for comedy but maybe not accuracy or memory. :)

The vacuuming  (read Security Droid) was dealing him strain damage, and the acrobatics check was actually a narrative dive into cover which was the result of the droids combat check.

#7 MrTact

MrTact

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Slight correction: technically, his name should be "2B|N2B". Or even "2B|!2B".

...said the professional programmer.

• St Bede, kaosoe and LibrariaNPC like this

#8 swiftdraw

swiftdraw

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Throw in a few more explosions and players failing crucial rolls and you've got my group. The whole GM getting a critical on his BS roll and:

Ciirtobuck: You notice how the community is surrounded by water?  We can use that to our advantage.  We can commandeer a boat if 2B/N2B forges some passes for us, then using my demolitions skill I can create a limited explosion to gain entry to the lower access gate; we then move up the floors, 2B checking the area for security sensors; Festel can deal with any humanoid guards enroute and Max can persuade the lady to sell us the item.

Max: Or we can ask the gate guard to let us in.

hit really close to home for me. :D Well done.

• St Bede likes this

#9 St Bede

St Bede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

Throw in a few more explosions and players failing crucial rolls and you've got my group. The whole GM getting a critical on his BS roll and:

Ciirtobuck: You notice how the community is surrounded by water?  We can use that to our advantage.  We can commandeer a boat if 2B/N2B forges some passes for us, then using my demolitions skill I can create a limited explosion to gain entry to the lower access gate; we then move up the floors, 2B checking the area for security sensors; Festel can deal with any humanoid guards enroute and Max can persuade the lady to sell us the item.

Max: Or we can ask the gate guard to let us in.

hit really close to home for me. :D Well done.

Thanks, Ben missed this from his write up, but at one point they actually sliced through to Da'Narla's office (she is currently on the planets moon) and asked if they could come visit and inspect the piece and left their "real" names....jeez. :rolleyes: 

I have learnt my friends make really inept criminals

#10 St Bede

St Bede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Slight correction: technically, his name should be "2B|N2B". Or even "2B|!2B".

...said the professional programmer.

Love it, will make sure we get that sorted in the next session :)

#11 DoctorWhat

DoctorWhat

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

That has to be the best game report I've ever read, far superior to the other 2. :)
  • St Bede likes this
Opinions stated in the above post are my opinions.
They may be different from your opinions, that is ok, that's how the world works.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS