List advice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 paul1

paul1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

I am going to my first tournament and have chosen three lists and was wondering which one you would pick.

All three have biggs and wedge with swarm tactics at the core:

1. add Rookie and Gold Squad+ Ion turrent (100 points)

2. add two blue squads (100 points)

3. add Rookie and a blue squad (99 points)

My thinking so far is that 1 would give me a slight advantage against similar 3-4 rebel lists, 2 would give me more firepower and HP to withstand swarms, and 3 just might get me initiative.

#2 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

That is a very difficult choice because ALL of the options are acceptable.

• paul1 likes this

#3 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

I'd lean towards option 1 myself, but then turrets are such a force multiplier...

• paul1 likes this

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#4 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'd lean towards option 1 myself, but then turrets are such a force multiplier...

yup.  I'm thinking the same thing in my builds.  I was going BBXA but like having a turret in there to slow down those pesky interceptors.  

• paul1 likes this

#5 paul1

paul1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

yup.  I'm thinking the same thing in my builds.  I was going BBXA but like having a turret in there to slow down those pesky interceptors.  

is it worth adding a second ship with an ion turrent say Wedge, Biggs, 2 golds w/ ion ?

#6 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

is it worth adding a second ship with an ion turrent say Wedge, Biggs, 2 golds w/ ion ?

I'm not schooled up well enough on the current meta to know if two ions would be overkill.  It's great against a number of list.  But I don't know if the reduced firepower is worth the enhanced board control.  My thought is one should be enough.  If I can't get it done with one, then I'll have problems regardless.  If one of your X's go down, your toast.  Y's simple don't hit hard and have a heck of a time getting into R1 without getting lit up.

• paul1 likes this

#7 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

I am going to my first tournament and have chosen three lists and was wondering which one you would pick.

All three have biggs and wedge with swarm tactics at the core:

1. add Rookie and Gold Squad+ Ion turrent (100 points)

2. add two blue squads (100 points)

3. add Rookie and a blue squad (99 points)

My thinking so far is that 1 would give me a slight advantage against similar 3-4 rebel lists, 2 would give me more firepower and HP to withstand swarms, and 3 just might get me initiative.

With more consideration I'd favor the first.  With three X-Wings you should have an easier time figuring out how they fly and the Y-Wing can make in interesting trailer.

• paul1 likes this

#8 paul1

paul1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

thanks guys I will practice it a few times before the actual tournament

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS