Jam on transport

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Trumpet

Trumpet

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

The jam action ,do you put two stress on a ship or just one it says something like upto two can someone explain a little further please.

#2 Brian_Black

Brian_Black

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Keep giving stress tokens to the target until they have two stress tokens.
  • Digitalkiller likes this

#3 Sanchez

Sanchez

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

If the target has a Yorr (or some future card) who absorbs a stress from a friendly, they may absorb the stress then the target gets two as well. There also may be abilities where someone discards or passes the first stress toke they receive, they would do so then get two.

It's cool that FFG specifically worded it like that.

Edited by Sanchez, 14 May 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#4 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

If the target has a Yorr (or some future card) who absorbs a stress from a friendly, they may absorb the stress then the target gets two as well. There also may be abilities where someone discards or passes the first stress toke they receive, they would do so then get two.

It's cool that FFG specifically worded it like that.

Well it's also that way so that it caps at two stress. A needed power limiter since otherwise you could pile on five stress onto someone over three turns (assuming they shed one a turn while you were doing so). That would just be mean...

#5 Trumpet

Trumpet

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

So am I getting this right ,the ship I'm targeting gets two stress whatever?

#6 DarkFather

DarkFather

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

LOL - I actually expected to see a pic/vid of someone pouring Jam over their Transport, or at least something related to Spaceballs. My bad, I apologize... Please carry on.

Cheers

[EDIT] Yes, you place 2 Stress Tokens on the target. Just think of all the Stressy goodness, with the Transport and a fleet of A-wings with Fletchett's... Ouch. [/EDIT]

Edited by DarkFather, 14 May 2014 - 07:16 AM.

8x TIE/ln, 4x TIE/adv, 7x TIE/int, 4x TIE/Bomber, 3x Firespray, 3x Shuttle, 7x X-wing, 4x Y-wing, 3x A-wing, 3x B-wing, 3x YT-1300, 1x GR-75, 1x CR-90.

#7 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

Nop, just one. The card refers that if the ship already has 2, you cannot assign it another one.

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#8 trustybroom

trustybroom

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

If it starts with 0 stress, yes. If the ships starts with 1 stress, you only give it an additional 1. If the ship starts with 2 or more stress, you don't give it any.

• Engine25 likes this

#9 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

If it starts with 0 stress, yes. If the ships starts with 1 stress, you only give it an additional 1. If the ship starts with 2 or more stress, you don't give it any.

Yup, the target gets a MAXIMUM of 2 stress, including stress it already had beforehand.  Others have mentioned that if they have a way to pull stress off of the ship such as Captain Yorr, then you keep adding stress until the target has 2 stress after Yorr's ability takes effect.

If they already have 2 stress when you take your jam action, choose another target.

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#10 Trumpet

Trumpet

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Right got it ,thanks for clearing that up
Oh and Dark Father sorry for getting your hopes up .

#11 Sanchez

Sanchez

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

When in doubt, give them the raspberry.

#12 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Validating
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

You keep adding stress tokens to it until it has two. Say you jammed Porkins and he used his ability to dodge a stress token, you'd just add another. They get two and there's no way around it, if other ships take the stress with abilities you just stick more on the jammed ship.

#13 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

probably telling my age but Jam on made me think of this.... lol 

• dojimaster likes this

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#14 dojimaster

dojimaster

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

probably telling my age but Jam on made me think of this.... lol 

LOL. I thought of a variation on the theme.  Visualize a Rebel Transport bouncing like a low rider.

• Swedge likes this

#15 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

You keep adding stress tokens to it until it has two. Say you jammed Porkins and he used his ability to dodge a stress token, you'd just add another. They get two and there's no way around it, if other ships take the stress with abilities you just stick more on the jammed ship.

Actually Jam won't operate in this fashion. You would Jam first, assign the two stress tokens, then Porkins ability would trigger. You could not continue with the Jam ability to add more stress back on to Porkins. That would go against AROO (Abilities Resolve Once per Opportunity, FAQ pg4) and it would be the same action twice if you tried to Jam again.

• Engine25 likes this

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 YT-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 GR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11/11; (S)3/11;(AoIA)2/3; [R]12/28; (S) 9/10; (S) 3/6;         

#16 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Actually Jam won't operate in this fashion. You would Jam first, assign the two stress tokens, then Porkins ability would trigger. You could not continue with the Jam ability to add more stress back on to Porkins. That would go against AROO (Abilities Resolve Once per Opportunity, FAQ pg4) and it would be the same action twice if you tried to Jam again.

Yes, this is how it works because Porkins ability occurs after the token is assigned.  He CAN choose to remove both tokens, but based on my understanding of the rules you cannot keep jamming him in the same fashion as you could with an effect like Captain Yorr.  Otherwise, you could, in theory jam Porkins until he blows up from the damage.  Then again, Yorr's ability and Porkins ability are both optional anyway, so the player may deem it better for them to just accept the stress, given the situation.  Unless its an interceptor, I'd probably elect to take the stress as opposed to having 2 stressed ships from the same effect.

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#17 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Yes, this is how it works because Porkins ability occurs after the token is assigned.  He CAN choose to remove both tokens, but based on my understanding of the rules you cannot keep jamming him in the same fashion as you could with an effect like Captain Yorr.  Otherwise, you could, in theory jam Porkins until he blows up from the damage.  Then again, Yorr's ability and Porkins ability are both optional anyway, so the player may deem it better for them to just accept the stress, given the situation.  Unless its an interceptor, I'd probably elect to take the stress as opposed to having 2 stressed ships from the same effect.

The Jam action goes off and you pick how many stress tokens you are going to give the target ship. That stays fixed. AROO comes into play because of similar situations, such as elusiveness (You hit me with 2 damage so I choose to take 2 stress tokens at the same time and make you reroll 2 attack dice. AROO prevents this)

You pick how many to assign with Jam, Porkins triggers and removes 1. You can't go back and add more because of AROO.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 YT-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 GR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11/11; (S)3/11;(AoIA)2/3; [R]12/28; (S) 9/10; (S) 3/6;         

#18 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

"Only one man would dare give me raspberry"

http://gifsoup.com/v...eballs-jam.html

#19 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

"Only one man would dare give me raspberry"

http://gifsoup.com/v...eballs-jam.html

spaceballs-jam-o.gif

fixed

#20 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thanks... My ipad was jammed.

Also - whenever I see jammed I think SNLs 'the Californians'

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS