Split Board

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bragi

bragi

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Anyone else have a problem with their board splitting apart at the seam?  The middle section of my 2nd board has ripped at the seam, and it was only the 2nd time it was used.  Was there a bum printing of boards out there?

#2 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

I haven't had any problems and my board has been used fairly extensively. I would recommend book binding tape to fix it.

#3 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

Or try contacting FFG, they may help you out, they have pretty good customer service reps.

#4 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

Well, obviously we try to be gentle, more or less, but I did notice minor tearing along one seam/fold of the main board.

I used what we call "book tape" in the Library world. Its a strong, vinyl type of tape that comes in either 1" or 3" widths by 3M or similar. I used a fairly small length piece, one or two inches and just reinforced the area where the tear was.

Its not perfect but in 3 years since, no further deterioration has occurred nor in any of the other boards.

• JediKnightAmoeba likes this

#5 Hiportes

Hiportes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

My Highlands board was splitting along a seam when I bought it.  I contacted FFG, and I got a replacement board in a week!

#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

After around 200 games and a couple beers spilled over it, my Talisman board has ripped apart last year. I think it was quite normal, though. I fixed it with black insulation tape on the black side and with normal transparent tape on the picture side. It turned out quite well.

If it is a new game, then try contacting FFG for a replacement. They've an excellent Customer Service.

#7 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

After around 200 games and a couple beers spilled over it, my Talisman board has ripped apart last year. I think it was quite normal, though. I fixed it with black insulation tape on the black side and with normal transparent tape on the picture side. It turned out quite well.

If it is a new game, then try contacting FFG for a replacement. They've an excellent Customer Service.

What The_Warlock said!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS