Photo

Do you think we will no longer get any large expansions now?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hi Granville,

Some very good points here, but overall, it seems that your idea for the Ocean (which I like) would be a neat POD. Or a bigger expansion, somehow. Maybe a large 'thicker' paper underlay sheet (so not a board) which encompasses the entire board, leaving a circle around it, as the route around. The spaces between boards ('boardlet' areas) could be those pirate coves or safe harbours (one on each side).

other than that, I like a Maelstrom deck (want a card that takes you to Davey Jones' Locker, *and* a portal/whirlpool to the CoC, of course)

#42 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

To directly answer the question:

Yes, i fully expect to see more large box expansions!

There should be a nautical themed big box expansion ( note the lack of Nautical characters, no Pirate yet) with a board with islands, ocean and celebrity get me out of here encounter spaces.

I fully expect and hope to see a big box epic level expansion (ala Dragon) to explore the other planes of existence and deal with Demonic/Devil and celestial interference in the world O Talisman.  No Scifi please though. Wouldnt fit the theme.

I would dearly love to have another epic level big box expansion that covered the theme of the Undead lords.  However i have a feeling that will be covered in a small box expansion after Woodland.  The previous small box expansions have taken NPC's from the inner region and unleashed them into the world (Werewolf/Grim Reaper).  there will be another for the Vampire lord and hopefully lots of juicy evil undead themed adventure cards with Zombies/Vampires and the inland revenue.

SO in summary 2 more big box expansions I beleive.

Pleanty of scope for mini POD expansions though.

• 0beron likes this

#43 Vandal Thorne

Vandal Thorne

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

I've been thinking about the idea of nautical expansions and it occurs to me that instead of board overlays and side boards, they could just make an alternate game/board (e.g., Talisman Bay/Island) that is nautical themed. Smallworld did something similar with Smallworld Underground. This could provide opportunities for mixing and matching components.

• DomaGB likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS