Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Crix pod x2
Rebel fleet x2
Hit and run
Aldaraans promise
Rogue 3 pod x2
Red 5 pod x2

Try that. Very fast and soon to be even more effective

I run that with blue squad instead of Aldaraans promise. It runs really fast. 7 targets of opportunity, with a couple ways to expand that, secret informant or adaptive strategy. Lots of blast damage. Very solid.

#42 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

We tried that too. Long game, bail helps more.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#43 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

Would it be a bad idea to run both objectives?

Edited by MarthWMaster, 19 May 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#44 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

Gave a friend who'd never played before (he'd only seen tutorials on YouTube etc.) a Freeholder deck.

He beat everyone at the table in turn 2-5 for 4 games straight, against various decks. (this was before the restricted cards list mind you)

Please don't say it wasn't broken then.

#45 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

I think this discussion has changed drastically since the restricted list has been released. After the first two rounds of regionals worldwide, the astounding record of the Freeholders coupled with Dash made for a combination that was so good that, as Flip the Force has commented, "there is no reason not to play it." I am fairly certain that if the total number of tournament wins were tallied with them and compared to its tournament losses, there would be no question to this fact.

That being said, and to the baseline of the conversation, I love the game right now. There are so many options for decks that it is an exciting place to be. The new sets have inspired an entire crop of successful decks that do not need hard counters to beat but still win often enough to be tournament worthy. The Force struggle has become far more important than just a way to do a single damage or get an extra click of the dial. I believe FFG did it right by making it about resources and unit control; ensuring that players absolutely need to pay attention to it or suffer potential serious consequences.

• jeeps and GroggyGolem like this

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS