Wave 4: What to buy next?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

I'm liking the aesthetic appeal of the Z-95 but I would need a few of them. The E-wing seems to have more punch for the points, but it's not a pretty looking beast. That being said two of my modern micro-armour armies are packing AH-64 Apaches, and that's got to be the ugliest sky assassin around.

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
To me I find the AH-64 a thing of beauty and I do love the look of the E-wing, been one of my favourite fighter craft along with the B-Wing and Narn Frazi heavy fighter, for many many years.

To answer your OP question, the E-wing, seeing as you are yet to get a Lamda, the advanced sensors are a great thing to have handy for your B-Wing

I wouldn't call the AH-64 a thing of beauty - more a thing of deadly purpose. The British Army flies them in Afghanistan under the callsign "Ugly" - what does that tell you?

It tells me that Britain has poor taste, I mean those red coats, Susan Boyle, honestly no wonder we fought two wars to distance ourselves from you guys

Actually, I'm not British. I'm a New Zealander. I just game with British. And they took the AH-64D and re-engined the beast making it better than the US version, so they can't be that bad. The red coats were to keep morale up when they got shot you couldn't see the blood. Probably why they wore brown pants in the trenches in WW1. And Susan Boyle... well there's simply no excuse for that.

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS