• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benstucky

benstucky

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hello,

Sorry if that has already been posted.  I searched but I was not able to find a thread that answered it.  Can you avoid a visit by Death (in the Outer or Middle Region) by casting invisibility?

Thanks,

Ben

#2 Biergarden

Biergarden

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

Sorry if that has already been posted.  I searched but I was not able to find a thread that answered it.  Can you avoid a visit by Death (in the Outer or Middle Region) by casting invisibility?

Thanks,

Ben

Death will always find you. You cannot hide. But you can alter your die roll if you the ability.

#3 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

Invisibility allows you to Evade a character or creature. You cannot Evade the Grim Reaper (Death) because he's neither a character nor a creature.

From Rulebook, page 10:

A “creature” is any encounter (other than a character) that attacks with Strength or Craft. This may include Enemy cards and also Events, Strangers, Places, Spells, and board spaces.

This category does not include the Grim Reaper, but may include the Prowling Werewolf (Blood Moon Expansion) after you rolled a 4 result on its chart.

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

We don't allow the Werewolf to be evaded either, as I think it was left out of the rules in error. I don't class the Werewolf as a creature!

#5 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

We don't allow the Werewolf to be evaded either, as I think it was left out of the rules in error. I don't class the Werewolf as a creature!

The Werewolf is not a creature, but if it attacks you with Strength 8, it is a creature according to the rules. So in this single case it might be evaded (this was what I was trying to say).

I would not necessarily classify this scenario as an oversight. An Invisibility Spell would be more than enough to escape from a werewolf once, but it will soon be back on your tracks because it possesses an excellent sense of smell.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS