• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicegirl13

nicegirl13

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hello everyone

I have been looking in the core rule book for the types of damage symbols means and cant seem to fint a list, the ones i am searching for is:

E

I

X

R

what do they exactly stand for?

and on page 130 and 131 there are 2 tables called:

Table 5-7: ranged Weapons and Table 5-7: ranged weapons (cont)

What does (cont) stand for? continue?

Edited by nicegirl13, 12 May 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#2 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

Energy (e.g. lasers, flamethrowers), Impact (e.g. clubs, stub revolvers), Explosive (e.g. grenades, bolters), Rending (e.g. chainswords, claws)

If I remember correctly, the weapon properties should be explained at the beginning of the weapons/equipment chapter. They can have different effects, which you'll see when looking at the Critical Injury tables.

Table 5-7 cont on Page 131 means indeed that it is a continuation of Table 5-7 on page 130. They're meant to be read as one, but as they are on different pages, the "cont" has been added to clarify the connection.

• Cobra Commander likes this
current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#3 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

what do they exactly stand for?

What Lynata said. Check p.127 & 201-209.

What does (cont) stand for? continue?

To be exact, it's a widely used abbreviation of 'continued'.

#4 nicegirl13

nicegirl13

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Thanks alot for the fast answers!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS