Can you own too many ships?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 bitrider

bitrider

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

what is this too many ships nonsense you speak of?? silly question! next! ;-) lol

*currently having withdrawal symptoms because not bought a ship since yesterday

There is a sad truth to this statement. :D

#62 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

This is my ADVICE, plesae don't take this as absolute truth.

These are the ships that I won't max out on in terms of wanting to field maximum number

Tie Advanced - I think it's safe to say that this ship is not that good at the moment, get one for Vader though :)

HWK - Another one of for me. It's has it's places in some 100 points build and in 200/300 I can see passing along focus or PS12. The non-unique pilots are not so good though.

A-Wing - I know some people run multiples of these. You usually see them in BBBAA builds most often (if you look at the big picture). After Rebel Aces this will probably change though because of so much more fun stuff. Since you now get Push The Limit x2 in the Imperial Aces you don't need it for this anymore. I would go with 1 A-wing and wait for Rebel Aces.

A straight down list:

(2)-3 Core sets - Good start for 100 points, give you 3 X-wings and 6 Tie Fighters. Nice to have for Epic

1 X-wing expansion - Too good pilots to pass up on

1 Tie fighter expansion - 6-7 Tie fighter swarms with Howlrunner

Y-wing - I think one is enough if you don't wanna run some kind of Rebel Swarm with them

1 Tie Advanced -  Already explained

1-2 Falcons - do you wanna run dual falcons? Otherwise get one. I dont see a bunch of these working too well in 200/300 since they die pretty fast to concentrated fire.

2-3 Slaves - Wanna run 3 Bounty Hunters in 100 point games?

1 Tie Interceptor - I would only get one now that Imp Aces is out.

A-wing explained

HWK - Explained

1-3 Lambads - this is quite hard  I think. 2 and 3 Lambda builds are pretty damn good when flown correctly. I would probably start with max 2.

2 B-wings - Since we now know that Rebel Aces will contain B-wings i would go 2.

3-5 Tie Bombers - A lot of nice builds contains 3 Bombers and focus on ordinance. You can run swarms though with Howlrunner + 5 Bombers

2 Imperial Aces - 4 Royal guards with PTL is just TOO much fun.

This is mostly focused on 100 points.

For epic you will probably have to add some stuff.

But I think this is a decent starting point.

• Shinren likes this

#63 skimdex

skimdex

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Does anyone know of a XAA club? i need help!!!

My name is Bob and its been one week since i bought a x-wing :ph34r:

#64 Soontirbeblownup

Soontirbeblownup

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

what is this too many ships nonsense you speak of?? silly question! next! ;-) lol

*currently having withdrawal symptoms because not bought a ship since yesterday

There is a sad truth to this statement. :D

there totally is, especially after typing that, about an hour later to be exact, I was unpackaging my transport and 1st ever b-wing that came in the post! then yesterday I finally got my second Imp Aces through... Couple that with an update from FLGS that restock of B's and A's I placed a month ago should be in this weekend then the wife really has cause to complain I'm spending too much!

#65 Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

Yes. You CAN own too many.

Some people do get carried away. Some folks are just like that. Sure, you might argue "But if they like it is it really too much?" Yes, it might be.

#66 Joostuh

Joostuh

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

I only play rebels and want a fair amount of flexibilty to choose from. Working towards this at 1 ship/week to keep things interesting;

4X, 2Y, 2A, 2YT, 4B, 2HWK, 2E, 4Z and a Transport. If I like epic maybe a Corvette.

#67 Dronevil

Dronevil

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:46 AM

Personally, I'm going for:

3x TIE Fighter (1 core set, 1 expansion)

1x TIE Advanced

2x TIE Bomber

6x TIE Interceptor (2 expansion, 2 Aces) OCD alert!

0x Firespray (I just don't feel that it is an Imperial ship)

1x Lambda Shuttle

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

3x X-Wing (1 core, 1 expansion, 1 transport)

2x Y-Wing

2x A-Wing (1 expansion, 1 Aces)

2x B-Wing (1 expansion, 1 Aces)

1x Hwk

1x Falcon

2x E-Wing

2x Z-95

1x Transport (mainly for the X-Wing to be honest)

I don't plan on playing in tournaments, so I might be missing a few key combinations, such as a TIE swarm, but amongst me and my friends, this will give me every possible combination I would personally want to play, without getting silly and spending ££££s.

#68 binici

binici

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

I myself think that owning many X-Wings and T.I.E. Fighters is ok.

Trying to reflect what the movies depicted is my motto.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS