• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

med_sacked-catc.jpg

The when revealed effect of this treachery card cannot be cancelled, as is plainly written.

But can the shadow effect be cancelled?

The shadow effect states that one must resolve the when revealed effect but should that be taken as though that effect´s text is in the shadow effect area and thus be immune to cancellation or do you apply shadow cancellation only to what is physically written in the shadow effect area?

NB: Would be nasty for both the obvious Hasty Stroke but also something like A Burning Brand if it is not able to cancel this.

• Xavant likes this

#2 Dwarf king Bronze beard

Dwarf king Bronze beard

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

I think that you can cancel it, but maybe you should wait that bit more experienced player that will answer in here, because my english is so bad that i cant explain how this thing goes and not 100% shure about this  :P

#3 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

The shadow effect can be cancelled, I think it even has an official answer somewhere.

#4 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

You can cancel shadow effect. Why not?

Otherwise, it must read: "...this shadow effect can't be cancelled"

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#5 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

It still says "this effect cannot be cancelled".

If we are meant to assume that the treachery text proper is to be in the shadow effect area then the wording "shadow effect cannot be cancelled" is irrelevant, because the word effect would be a catch-all phrase.

#6 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

Official ruling quoted at the bottom of this thread: http://boardgamegeek...-a-test-of-will

Q: If "Sacked!" is dealt as a shadow card to an attacking Troll enemy, can "Hasty Stroke" be used to cancel the shadow effect? The 'When Revealed' text on "Sacked!" states that it cannot be canceled.

A: Good question. You can cancel the shadow text on Sacked! since it is only the "When Revealed" effect that cannot be canceled. If you cancel the shadow effect, then you never have to resolve the "when revealed" effect, including the "cannot be canceled" portion.

• Nerdmeister and Xavant like this

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#7 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

Thank you for a precise answer and relevant reference jjeagle

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS