Where is Star Wars: Age of Empire RPG?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Lotr_Nerd

Lotr_Nerd

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

Actually the worst of the Rebel groups, is the Specforce Infiltrators which would be vetted by Mon Mothma.-Chosen for both skill and motivation, Infiltrators were tasked with the riskiest missions. Capable of entering the most heavily guarded Imperial installations, starships and planets, Infiltrators acted as saboteurs, abductors, rescue operators, spies and assassins. They also took part in invasions, armed with sniper rifles and grenades for destruction of vehicles and structures.-Wookieepedia..Basically these guys are picked for their hatred of the Empire, in essence these guys would be willing to detonate a proton torpedo in the Senate chamber to kill the Emperor.

#62 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

Just my two creds but the Empire didn't last long enough to qualify as an "Age." The title "Star Wars: Imperial Period" wouldn't be the best for PR.

There have been rumours that episode VII will not have the republic being restored yet.

I hope they let the galaxy do at least a little 'living happily ever after' after Return of the Jedi. If all our heroes achieved in episodes IV-VI is plunge the galaxy in to decades of unceasing warfare it kind of takes the fun out of it.

Oh, i doubt that anyone would deny the heroes of the OT their well deserved/earned little HEA, but unlike Palpatine at the end of their struggle more than half of the known galaxy was still their enemy. They still had much more work ahead of them.

And if the new writers at Disney do not portray every Moff as the usuall mentally unstable, paranoid, selfish, dumb, incompetent asskissers but instead as intelligent, (xenophobic) ruthless rulers then the Empire would not implode like it did i the EU. It can still make for good space opera movies, boring villains make boring stories.

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#63 Chortles

Chortles

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Ya know, if one wanted to do up intra-Imperial conflict, one could probably spread the rumor that Darth Vader was actually long ago slain and now impersonated by a Rebel sleeper agent named Anakin Skywalker...  :ph34r:

• kaosoe likes this

Well, according to George Lucas, the Empire is intended to be bad guys and the Sith to be objectively evil.

Fans proceeded to immediately disregard his bull and have fun with the Empire and make believable characters left and right, and come up with sensible rationalizations east, west, north and south.

#64 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Just my two creds but the Empire didn't last long enough to qualify as an "Age." The title "Star Wars: Imperial Period" wouldn't be the best for PR.

There have been rumours that episode VII will not have the republic being restored yet.

I hope they let the galaxy do at least a little 'living happily ever after' after Return of the Jedi. If all our heroes achieved in episodes IV-VI is plunge the galaxy in to decades of unceasing warfare it kind of takes the fun out of it.

Oh, i doubt that anyone would deny the heroes of the OT their well deserved/earned little HEA, but unlike Palpatine at the end of their struggle more than half of the known galaxy was still their enemy. They still had much more work ahead of them.

And if the new writers at Disney do not portray every Moff as the usuall mentally unstable, paranoid, selfish, dumb, incompetent asskissers but instead as intelligent, (xenophobic) ruthless rulers then the Empire would not implode like it did i the EU. It can still make for good space opera movies, boring villains make boring stories.

Well, could also be that the Moffs see which way the wind is blowing after Palps bites it, and decides they'll get a better deal if they negotiate a peaceful surrender to the Alliance.  This way, they may have a shot at keeping control of a given system so long as they "play nice" and might even have a good chance at getting in on the ground floor when the Alliance does set about re-establishing a more democratic galactic government.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#65 Hessian67

Hessian67

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

I have the old Star Wars D20 books at home and I just convert the missions to EofE , Or AoR rules and go on form there.

My group has been playing this every since EofE came ot in Beta. It runs and works very well.

Marty Hehman

#66 copperbell

copperbell

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

I actually wondered what would have happened had Obi had really had an apprentice named Darth Vader who was a clone of Anakin and he really did kill Darth on Mustafar but had long assumed Anakin was murdered by Darth when instead he was captured and brainwashed by Palpatine into becoming Darth Vader believing Obi had killed Padme and when Obi and Yoda infiltrated the captured Jedi Temple their actions brought about the subsequent slaughter of the remaining Jedi by Palpatine making it look like it was their action that caused Order 66 rather than just the convenient assassination attempt on Palpatine's life.

So Obi was literally telling Luke the truth, but didn't learn who Darth really was which was why he thought he was beyond redemption.

Luke unaware that Darth was a clone of Anakin and that this really was his father by that I mean he didn't know about Palpatine's deception, which was why it caught the Emperor offguard when he succeeded in turning Anakin back to the light. 

Edited by copperbell, 28 August 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#67 Balou1917

Balou1917

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

Anything not in the movies, TV shows, or Disney approved books (Basiclly "New Dawn" on) is no longer canon in any form. All the olds books and such are going under the "Legends" label and are non-canon.

Thats true in the disneyverse, but your universe/game can be how you want it. Also remember what Obi wan said to Luke on Dagobah, and I paraphrase: the truth is a certain point of view. Stormtroopers can easily be good guys in uniform and orders are orders as long as they are lawful orders within a societal judgement (which changes), look at enhanced interrogztion techniques. So to a stormtrooper he is "good" and whoever is shooting at him is "bad". Im personzlly not going to waste all the effort everyone has used creating their corner of the Star Wars universe, I'm just going to enjoy mine.
  • RLogue177 likes this

#68 eldath

eldath

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

Am I the only one that doesn't care about what is/isn't SW canon? SW canon only matters for what elements the movies and a few other things will stay true to, and it really doesn't matter to my games one bit. Why do so many people have this fixation on canon? To me, this fixation really seems unhealthy to the actual enjoyment of SW.

I have to say that my own thoughts are that the EU is as much canon as you want it to be. Disney/Lucasarts may have decided to bin it but that doesn't mean you can't use it. 

E

#69 Jon D

Jon D

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I doubt we have anything to worry about on that count.  Having waded through most of the Rebels stuff online, it seems ever Imperial shown so far has been either pure evil, or a huge tool.  I realize it's a kids show (before anyone starts banging that particular drum), but I really doubt future media is going to be any more subtle.

#70 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

I doubt we have anything to worry about on that count.  Having waded through most of the Rebels stuff online, it seems ever Imperial shown so far has been either pure evil, or a huge tool.  I realize it's a kids show (before anyone starts banging that particular drum), but I really doubt future media is going to be any more subtle.

Depends which way the ratings wind blows. Shows like this have a way of growing up through the seasons. Clone Wars started pretty kiddy and was not so much by the end.

And if you wanna see one that really dropped the training wheels check out the direction the Airbender series took. Nothing says "this ain't really a kids show anymore" like regicide followed by cranial detonation. Sometimes I think some of these programs need to just man-up and try running as adult programming...

• kaosoe and RedfordBlade like this

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS