Mostly complete online index

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DeathStarJanitor

DeathStarJanitor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hi all, I've been putting an index together of key resources from the books. I was finding it getting harder and harder to find everything with all the resources FFG is putting out (no complaints though!) Started out as a project for myself, but I figured I might as well share it.

Right now I've done the Core Rulebook, Beyond the Rim, Dangerous Covenants, Enter the Unknown, Suns of Fortune, Jewel of Yavin, the Game Master Kit and Under a Black Sun. 

Right now I've geared it to be for mobile viewing mostly. It's database driven so aiming for minimalist simplicity for the moment with the aesthetics. 

http://www.deathstar...or.com/swindex/

I'm going to hold off on adding Age of Rebellion stuff until that Core Rulebook comes out.

I'm sure it's rife with typos and such. Will go back through with a fine tooth comb now that all the data is in.

Enjoy!

• LukeZZ, bladerunner_35, Big Damn Hero and 17 others like this

#2 Katuluu

Katuluu

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

This is slick. Thanks!

#3 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

You are a saint among EotE players sir.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#4 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Bookmarked! You da man.  :D

#5 yeti1069

yeti1069

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

If you feel like putting some more work into this...perhaps adding some page number references to some of the sections that expand on rules for individual skills would be useful (for example, while Mechanics can be found in the Skills section of the CRB, the actual rules for making repairs to a starship are somewhere else, as are the rules for modifications). This holds true for many of the skills, and is one of the most significant points of confusion at my table.

That, and the various combat-related statistics and rules (movement, terrain, called shots, damage and healing, range bands), which are also somewhat scattered.

#6 Big Damn Hero

Big Damn Hero

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

I was about to ask a question about where I can find adversaries in all of the books, and then you go and make this wonderful resource! Much karma for you, sir.

#7 DeathStarJanitor

DeathStarJanitor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

yeti1069, I'll keep expanding on the rules. There are some up now, but more needed for sure.

Also will create a "galactic store" page with prices and rarity for all the gear. I'll keep that separate from the page resource lists so everything will still fit on your mobile device.

• yeti1069 likes this

#8 Grimmshade

Grimmshade

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Fantastic! Thanks man!

#9 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

Heir to the SagaIndex, i like it!
  • kaosoe likes this

#10 yeti1069

yeti1069

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

yeti1069, I'll keep expanding on the rules. There are some up now, but more needed for sure.

Awesome! I'll keep checking in, and will refer the rest of my group to this.

#11 ccarlson101

ccarlson101

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Bump worthy.

And request to include in the pinned resources thread for posterity.

• I. J. Thompson and themensch like this

That's SCIENCE!

#12 Aservan

Aservan

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Some of the tables are on the wide side. If you add alternating background colors to the rows it would enhance usability.

I can send you the PHP/CSS code to do it, if you need it. Basically, you change the style for the <tr> tag every other row. You could also add a border to the <td> tags with border-collapse on the table itself. It gives users a visual cue to make sure they don't jump rows as they read across.

Even without the colors it's great, however.

• I. J. Thompson likes this

#13 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:30 AM

Some of the tables are on the wide side. If you add alternating background colors to the rows it would enhance usability.

I can send you the PHP/CSS code to do it, if you need it. Basically, you change the style for the <tr> tag every other row. 

Actually that can be done in pure CSS without the alternating styles.  Like here for instance:

http://swrpg.viluppo...books/items_bc/

I had started working on this since I was figuring that my spreadsheet of the same info wasn't quite cutting it any more.  Still have data entry for the Items and Weapons, then some extra devel for the rest of the things in my spreadsheet.  Guess I just got beat to the punch :)

SS for reference: https://docs.google....ZGc&usp=sharing

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#14 Aservan

Aservan

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Actually that can be done in pure CSS without the alternating styles.

It can if you use Nth child constructions. Not all browsers support it, however. Remember there are still people using XP. Alternating styles works pretty much everywhere and isn't really more work if the script is making the table rows.

#15 Venthrac

Venthrac

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

Is the font size on the tables something that I can adjust in my browser? or is that locked in? It's a bit small and I have poor vision so I'd like to adjust it if possible.

#16 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

Actually that can be done in pure CSS without the alternating styles.

It can if you use Nth child constructions. Not all browsers support it, however. Remember there are still people using XP. Alternating styles works pretty much everywhere and isn't really more work if the script is making the table rows.

a) If they're on XP then they need to get off the net right now.  b) This is not a business application therefore people are not going to be locked into a browser.  The only reason for a home user to not have the latest version of his or her browser is laziness.

Is the font size on the tables something that I can adjust in my browser? or is that locked in? It's a bit small and I have poor vision so I'd like to adjust it if possible.

My tables are defined by percentages, and both mine and DeathStarJanator's respond to browser font resizing.  That's usually Ctrl/Cmd-+/- to go up and down.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#17 themensch

themensch

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

a) If they're on XP then they need to get off the net right now.  b) This is not a business application therefore people are not going to be locked into a browser.  The only reason for a home user to not have the latest version of his or her browser is laziness.

Well.....  There might be a case to be made for those in less industrialized countries or less technically adept.  Not me, certainly, but I can envision situations outside business users that could be affected by this.  Besides, you shouldn't be looking at this on the work pc anyway  :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS