Age of Rebellion Characters Used in Edge of the Empire Game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

In 2 to 3 weeks I'll try switching my long time d6 Star Wars group to try Edge of the Empire. We'll be playing through the beginner box's adventure and then Long Arm of the Hutt.

To give them more options I was thinking about making the characters from the Age of Rebellion beginner game available alongside the EotE characters. Aside from the few character plot tie ins on the EotE characters I'm not seeing any issues with this approach.

Am I missing anything here? What do you guys think, good idea or not so much?

#2 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

I don't see why not, the AoR beta talks briefly about running games with Obligation OR Duty, or running games with both. Its certainly feasible (looking at Han Solo here) to have a smuggler/scoundrel that becomes entangled in the rebellion against the Empire...conversely, look at the Pre-gen character Sasha from the EotE beginner game...She's an Explorer in game terms, but this was made long before the AoR beta even came out. Her back story states that she was a soldier in the rebellion on operation on Onderon. Her unit called for evacuation, but they were left for dead...after watching all of her comrades fall to Imperial soldiers, she defected and set up shop as a scout/guide on Tatooine. She could easily have had a career from AoR. There is also no rule against cross specialization between books as long as you adhere to the xp costs associated with jumping careers. 

#3 MrHotter

MrHotter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

I did the same thing. I figured my daughter would want a chance to play more of a 'Princess Leia' type with the Diplomat.

There is no obligation or duty (I don't have my AoR BB yet, so I'm not sure about this) in the Beginner Game rules, so the characters are interchangeable.

The only thing you have to do is figure out why the Rebel characters are escaping Mos Shutta. It could just be that the AoR characters have not joined the Rebellion yet, and the AoR Beginner Box adventure is something you could have the same people do when they help the Rebellion.

I had the Diplomat in my game, but I had already changed everyone backstory, so it was no problem changing hers as well. In my version she had a personal connection to the smuggler and met them in the cantina at the start. Our story was that she had a ship, but the Imperials had  impounded it and were probably looking for her. That helped me explain why Stormtroopers would start shooting at them in the street even though Teemo did not seem to have guards looking for them.

#4 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Shouldn't be an issue. Only thing I see is that the Age of Rebellion pre-gens have some pretty pricey gear, I think a couple exceed 2,500 in gear. If you decide to use obligation, I'd maybe consider slapping some extra obligation on those characters to compensate.

• IDEJ likes this

#5 IDEJ

IDEJ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I see no problems with making a mixed group. EotE, AoR, and FaD are designed with interchangeability in mind. Just tweek the story and backgrounds a bit (maybe the Obligations/Duty too) and you have a group ready to go. You're the first I've heard doing the mix with the EotE BB so please share how it goes.

You know what the first rule of flying is? .... Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home. - Malcolm Reynolds

My Campaignhttps://darkness-fal...idianportal.com

#6 bigity

bigity

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Or just drop Duty/Obligation as game mechanics and use them as strictly RP tools.  Then you can pretty much run whatever.  Maybe it's time to deal with a personal issue of owing a crime lord credits, or maybe it's time to conduct a special op to steal the designer of the Victory class star destroyer.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS