You get hit in your lack of leg.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

You could argue that any shot on this location just misses, "because common sense": can't hit what's not there

This is my argument and I must admit I favour it strongly, simply because it is consistent with how cover works, not because of common sense (which really is rather uncommon).

• Lynata and pearldrum1 like this

#22 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

Ah, it's been some time since I last took a rule at OW's rules. If there is already an official example for shots missing despite "technically being a hit", then I agree this would be a valid extrapolation!

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#23 Askil

Askil

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

While I agree with the "you cannot hit what is not there" angle how "not there" is this leg?

The chances of a leg being cleanly removed bay a passing shell are minimal, a tattered piece of thigh meat on a shattered tibula hanging from a dislocated hip joint gushing blood in a torrent that kills in minutes is more likely, and a perfectly valid target to resolve damage against even if the critical tables don`t really apply any longer.

After all having you arm blown off at the elbow doesn`t stop you getting shot in the shoulder.

Edited by Askil, 17 May 2014 - 01:26 AM.

• Lynata likes this

#24 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Though of course by the same token we could ask where in the leg does the attack hit, exactly? The thigh? The foot? ;)

Ahh, the wonderful world of RPG abstractions ...

current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS